Influence Essentials for Leadership and Marketing
Influence plays an important role in nurturing human thoughts, ideas, and concepts. As children, we are influenced by our parents, teachers, and friends. As we grow up, peer influence and other external influences play an important role in our decision making.
While influencing or being influenced is a natural phenomenon, scientific analysis and methodical application can help in shaping human behaviour. Influence is not just about the gift of the gab or talking to people, it is about taking charge and making people see, understand, and agree with one’s perspective. Influence is also about understanding the way various aspects must come together to appeal to the other person’s views & emotions. Interestingly, unlike our attempt to control, our attempt to influence may not require our conscious intent, as we influence easily by being who we are, saying what we say, and doing what we do and leading by example.
This course delineates the concept, significance, and approach to influence along with the methods, techniques, and skills of influencing for sustainable organizational success. It provides an understanding of the difference between “Power” and “Influence” and discusses various facets of influence, types of influence, consumer psychology, and how to understand and apply influence and persuasion to manage organisations and affect customer behaviour.
Thus, create a mindset that the “ability to influence” is so much more important and satisfying than the “ability to control”.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
No prerequisites required
- The Realm of Influence - Meaning, Concept and Significance
- Techniques & Skills for Effective Influence – Learning and adapting to key Influencing Techniques & Skills
- Leveraging Influence for Leadership and People Management
- Influencing Customer Decisions – Applicability of Influence for Marketing of products and services
- Influencer Marketing – Identifying and empowering influencers for brand building.
Course delivery details
This course is offered through State Bank of India, a partner institute of EdX.
2-4 hours per week
- Verified Track -$99
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- The meaning and significance of Influence
- Difference between power and influence
- Difference between Influence and Persuasion
- Skills for Effective Influence - Communication and Reasoning, Assertiveness, Interpersonal and Interactive Skills.
- Influencers and their characteristics
- Elements of Leadership and People Management
- Influencing for effective Leadership and People Management
- Impact of Influence in Marketing
- Adapting to Influencing Techniques – Rational, Social and Emotional approach to influencing
- The Realm of Influencer Marketing
- Benefits and Future of Influencer Marketing
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...