Hyperloop: Changing the Future of Transportation
Is Hyperloop really worth the hype? Is this passenger pod levitating in a vacuum tube a viable alternative to curb the environmental impact of current modes of transport?
This revolutionary and more sustainable mode of transportation for passengers or freight can reach speeds over 1000 kilometers per hour, decreasing travel time significantly. For example, one could go from Amsterdam to Paris in 30 minutes instead of four hours.
Ever wondered how levitation works? Or what the passenger experience will be like? Or how much infrastructure would cost and whether the Hyperloop concept is technically and commercially viable?
Regardless of your background, this course will teach you how this technology works and will prove why it is worth investing in. Key topics include the core concepts behind the Hyperloop, current developments on the technology, implementation, standardization and the future solutions hyperloop will offer and the challenges it faces.
Through discussions with fellow participants and critical thinking you will form your own vision and develop your own ideas about this exciting new technology and its future.
This course is for anyone interested in the hyperloop concept. And if you seek more in-depth knowledge, or if you are interested in pursuing a career or doing research in this field, the course will also offer in-depth additional resources.
Upcoming start dates
- Virtual Classroom
Who should attend?
Secondary school physics
- Week 1: Relevance and basic principles of Hyperloop
- Week 2: Levitation, Propulsion and Braking
- Week 3: Passenger pod: interior, exterior, communication and passenger experience --design your own pod
- Week 4: Hyperloop infrastructure, safety and public acceptance, design your own safe haven
- Week 5: Network, politics and economic potential
- Week 6: Course wrap-up and feedback
- Extra: Take part in the Hyperloop Challenge!
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Delft University of Technology, a partner institute of EdX.
4-6 hours per week
- Verified Track -$139
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Understand the need for the Hyperloop
- Grasp the basic technical concepts of Hyperloop
- Recognise the key hurdles for Hyperloop in the future
- Develop your own ideas for the Hyperloop
- Gain more in-depth knowledge by choosing the topics that you would like to learn in more detail
- Recognise challenges for Hyperloop implementation and develop a plan to tackle them
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...