Healthcare Finance, Economics and Risk
In order to be a leader/administrator in thehealthcareindustry, you must have a basic understanding of healthcare finance, risk, legal and regulatory issues in order to navigate and change the system. Managing risk is one of the primary responsibilities of a leader. This requires a basic understanding of the financial health and regulatory constraints one operates within to anticipate and address changing dynamics.
This course will focus on healthcare economics and financeto help you articulate new approaches to managing costs and improving access, quality and safety. You will learn how to assess the fiscal status of a healthcare organization. Strategic planning, marketing, quality assurance and risk management initiatives for healthcare organizations will also be explored.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
- Bachelor’s degree or
- Minimum 5 years work experience in a healthcare related field
- Basic understanding of economics and finance
- How to evaluate the relevance of economics in all aspects of healthcare.
- How to analyze economic concepts and models as they apply to healthcare.
- How to identify the diverse aspects of healthcare financing.
- How to assess economic problems in order to develop and implement economic policy.
- How to evaluate the economic advantages and policy options of healthcare market reform.
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Doane University, a partner institute of EdX.
5-10 hours per week
- Verified Track -$199
- Audit Track - Free
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...