Getting Started with Self-Sovereign Identity
The new wave of digitization has put digital identity, what used to be mostly behind-the-scenes work, and the flaws of current identity systems, under the spotlight. Self-Sovereign Identity (SSI) has emerged as a concept and guiding principles of how we should build the next generation of the Internet by putting users at the center of their identities and data. It is also a movement led by technologists to build open Internet protocols and compliant technology aligned with SSI principles. On its way to becoming a key piece of the Internet infrastructure, SSI will soon reach most people’s lives and businesses, making it important for everyone to learn what it is and how it is going to influence us. This course will provide the knowledge and understanding you need to figure out what you want to do with self-sovereign identity next.
This course is designed for business and government decision makers looking to understand SSI and make decisions about it; technologists seeking to get a high level overview of SSI, and professionals wanting to understand how digital identity systems work and how SSI is making a difference. Computer literacy on an everyday level is required for a better understanding of the concepts presented in this course.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
- The Basics of Identity and Digital Identity
- The Evolution of Digital Identity Systems
- Introduction to Self-Sovereign Identity (SSI)
- The Growing Adoption of SSI to Solve Real-World Problems
- Key Considerations for Implementing SSI
- Other Key Things to Know
- Final Exam
Course delivery details
This course is offered through The Linux Foundation, a partner institute of EdX.
1-2 hours per week
- Verified Track -$149
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Understand of the complexity of identity systems and how they work in simple terms.
- Discuss the evolution of digital identity systems through the era of SSI.
- Explain the concept of self-sovereign identity and how it works at a high level, with a focus on strategic thinking about how SSI can help solve real-world business problems.
- Conduct further research on SSI initiatives by yourselves.
- Understand the initial investments/efforts needed to get started with SSI in your organization.
- Learn how to avoid misconceptions around SSI.
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...