Fundamentals of Advocacy in Health Policy
This course is part of the Certified Lifestyle Medicine Executive MicroMasters program which consists of 9 courses and a capstone exam. After completing the program, you can also apply to Doane University to complete your MBA online for approximately $10,500
Leaders require a knowledge of health policy and tools of strategic advocacy to influence and lead change. This course equips executives with the necessary skills and advocacy knowledge to navigate health policy change within the healthcare setting.
This course will focus on understanding how health policy is developed, adopted, and implemented. Factors that influence and shape the process will be explored.
This course is part of the Certified Lifestyle Medicine Executive MicroMasters program. For an introduction to lifestyle medicine, see the Lifestyle Medicine Competencies Professional Certificate program.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
- Bachelor’s degree or
- Minimum 5 years work experience in a healthcare related field
- Basic understanding of economics and finance
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Doane University, a partner institute of EdX.
5-10 hours per week
- Verified Track -$99
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- How to use various methods for advocating in healthcare systems.
- Identify culturally competent strategies for advocating in diverse populations.
- Apply evidence based methods to promote advocacy within a targeted group or population.
- Develop a health policy change that promotes quality, advocacy and system change.
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...