Find the Right Markets for Your Innovation - A Tool for Entrepreneurs and Innovators for Choosing Which Markets to Play in.
Choosing the right market for your innovation is the biggest, and trickiest, question for innovators. Research has shown that all too often entrepreneurs don’t spend enough time identifying and researching their market opportunities – instead they jump at the first opportunity that looks good, and fail to properly evaluate and leverage other opportunities. This common mistake often leads them to choose the wrong market or lock themselves into one specific direction.
In this course, you will learn how to set a promising strategy, by using a business tool called the Market Opportunity Navigator.
This tool offers an easy to apply framework to better identify, evaluate and focus on the right market opportunities.
It encompasses three simple steps, with dedicated worksheets to guide you through the process:
- Search broadly- to generate your set of market opportunities
- Assess deeply- to evaluate your options and compare their attractiveness
- Strategize smartly- to focus on the most attractive opportunity while remaining agile
This structured tool works for entrepreneurs and managers in established companies, whenever they need to plan or rethink their strategy.
The Market Opportunity Navigator will also facilitate the development of strategic marketing plans, and help entrepreneurs and innovators in strategizing their commercialization activities. In other words, the Market Opportunity Navigator can serve as a key tool in both marketing and strategic management.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
- How to generate your Market Opportunity Set
- How to evaluate your market opportunities
- How to design your Agile Focus Strategy
- Implications and benefits
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne, a partner institute of EdX.
3-4 hours per week
- Verified Track -$169
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- How to generate a set of market opportunities stemming from your core strengths
- Methods for evaluating the attractiveness of market opportunities in a comprehensive manner
- How to make an informed strategic choice, that will increase your chances of focusing on a promising market
- Ways to balance focus and flexibility- two critical aspects for gaining success
- How to develop a mindset that nourishes open mindedness and receptiveness to adaptation
- How to apply a structured decision making process that facilitates team discussions and debates
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...