Financial Development and Financial Inclusion (English)
This course was developed by the IMF in collaboration with the European Investment Bank.
Higher rates of financial inclusion and financial market development mean more prosperous societies.
But how to make it all happen?
This course outlines common ways countries develop robust financial sectors – from banks to equity markets.
We’ll teach you how to read indicators that gauge financial development and financial inclusion – and how to measure its distinct macroeconomic impact.
And you’ll understand the relationship between financial inclusion and banks and capital markets… small and medium-sized enterprises… households… and the fast-changing world of fintech.
Plus we’ll explore what policies and strategies are best to encourage financial development --while also limiting risks.
Join us to learn how financial sectors can be more expansive and more inclusive.
The IMF’s online learning program receives financial support from the Government of Japan.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Course delivery details
This course is offered through The International Monetary Fund, a partner institute of EdX.
3-4 hours per week
- Verified Track -$25
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Identify a framework for financialmarket development and financial inclusion, and why they matter for economic growth and development.
- Measure the degree of financial development and inclusion for a country or countries using a wide range of standard indicators and use benchmarking to compare a country to its peers.
- Identify strategies and policies to support the development of financial intermediaries and capital markets in a country, considering initial conditions and links between the financial sector and the macroeconomy.
- Understand the unique challenges SMEs face accessing finance. Describe how financial intermediaries can better tailor their products to the needs of the SMEs.
- Provide standard methodologies for managing risks associated with SME lending. Evaluate how government policies can improve the lending environment for SMEs and understand the role of state banks and MDBs, including their role in mitigating risks.
- Evaluate the benefits and costs of different financial inclusion policies and identify strategies to promote financial inclusion for households and micro-enterprises.
- Understand various uses of technology in the financial sector(Fintech) and how they couldbe used to improve the efficiency and inclusiveness of financial services without generating financial instability.
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...