DevOps and Software Engineering Capstone Project
In this Capstone course, you will apply your skills and knowledge acquired in previous courses and demonstrate your proficiency in DevOps practices. You’ll plan, develop, test, deploy, monitor, and enhance a secure microservices-based application on Cloud across several sprints, using a variety of Agile, Cloud Native, and CI/CD technologies and tools. ****
You will utilize, Agile development practices to plan for and progress your project. You will use REST APIs and Python to develop an application. You will create Docker images and orchestrate their deployment using Kubernetes and OpenShift. You will work with GitHub repositories, test your application using TDD/BDD practices, and build Continuous Integration and Deployment (CI/CD) pipelines.
Upon completing your capstone project, you’ll have applied your knowledge and skills with numerous tools and technologies and added a project to showcase in your portfolio that demonstrates your skills as a DevOps professional. It is highly recommended that before starting this course, you have completed the various courses in the IBM DevOps and Software Engineering Professional Certificate or have equivalent experience.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Proficiency in Agile, Scrum, DevOps, CI/CD, Python, Containers, REST, Microservices, TDD/BDD.
Module 1: Create and Execute Sprint Plans
- Agile Planning
- Hands-On Lab
Module 2: Develop and Test an Application Composed of MicroServices
- Develop a RESTful Service Locally
- Hands-On Lab: Develop Your Model using TDD
Module 3: Add Continuous Integration (CI) to a Repository
- Add Continuous Integration (CI) to a Repository
- Hands-On Lab: Add Continuous Integration
- Add Query and Action Routes
- Hands-On Lab: Add Query Route to Your RESTful Service
Module 4: Containerize Your Application Using Docker
- Deploy Your Application to Kubernetes
- Hands-On Lab: Deploy Your Application to Kubernetes
Module 5: Build an Automated CI/CD DevOps Pipeline
- Hands-On Lab: Build an Automated CI/CD DevOps Pipeline Using OpenShift
- Add a Cloud Native Toolkit
- Hands-On Lab: Add a Cloud Native Toolkit
Module 6: Final Submission and Evaluation
Course delivery details
This course is offered through IBM, a partner institute of EdX.
14–16 hours per week
- Verified Track -$49
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Build an application composed of several microservices and deploy using containers and serverless on Cloud.
- Develop test cases and test your app during various stages of its lifecycle; utilize CI/CD tools to update and deploy your app.
- Create and execute user sprint plans, identify user requirements, and write user stories.
- Develop a plan to startor enhance your career as a DevOps professional.
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...