Data Analytics in Health – From Basics to Business
Many people talk about the promise of “big data” to health care. But how can the application of data analytics to big data actually improve health and health care? We will show that novel data analytics based solutions can result in better diagnosis, better care and better curing. This provides fertile ground for entrepreneurship and the development of new businesses.
In our course we’ll start from the very basics of data analytics, look at different real world approaches and help you to see entrepreneurial opportunities and develop a business plan.
We will cover three important fields:
- Health care expertise: We will present medical approaches to data and give an overview of challenges where big data based solutions have been developed to improve the efficiency and effectiveness in medicine.
- Data analytics: We’ll explain the basics of data mining within the context of a wide variety of health care settings, and the types of data and data analysis challenges that you will likely encounter in each. We’ll start with gathering the data, move on to classifying, analyzing and finally visualizing it.
- Entrepreneurship: You will learn how to assess when data sciences based improvements in health care represent entrepreneurial opportunities. The development of a rigorous business plan is used to help you make that assessment.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- Virtual Classroom
Who should attend?
Health data expenditure, machine learning, data transformation, deriving patterns, opportunities.
Week 2:PCR Analysis
Introduction to PCR, data mining, competitive analysis, industry analysis.
Week 3:Genomic Data Analysis
Data sharing, data reliability, association rules, market research, marketing, solution optimization.
Week 4:Diagnostic Model Research
Workflow, data missing values, density maps, business modelling, requirements and planning, investment needs.
Course delivery details
This course is offered through KU Leuven, a partner institute of EdX.
2-3 hours per week
- Verified Track -$49
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- How healthcare data analysis can be used to improve diagnosis, curing and caring
- How to acquire, transform, classify, mine and visualize data
- How to identify data analytics based entrepreneurial opportunities in healthcare and quantify it’s economic value
- How to improve entrepreneurial opportunities and to create a rigorous business plan for your start up
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...