Learn the best online search methods to help you find medical information quickly and accurately. These techniques are shown by searching for information about Coronavirus / COVID19, but are widely applicable to searching for medical information on nearly any topic.
Who should attend?
Introduction—Why learning medical powersearching skills is important
- finding basic information about Coronavirus
- principles of medical powersearching
- making a good query
- how to read the search results page
- finding symptoms
- COVID-19 self assessment
- finding testing locations nearby
Searching for Coronavirus risk factors
- who is at risk of serious illness?
- framing your query is simplest possible language
- determine the source of your information
- when is an image search useful?
- find out when the information was published (and how)
- medical information changes over time
Discovering how Coronavirus is spread
- finding the best masks to wear
- comparing information about masks from different sources
- using a simple spreadsheet to compare data
- how to filter search results by time (last hour, past week, past month…)
How much Coronavirus is in my community?
- how to search your county health department for data
- reading the data provided in the search results
- how to notice the details about the data (city? county? state?)
- comparing Michigan data with California data (and to YOUR location)
- searching for tools to compare data across the country
Finding strategies for living in a world with Coronavirus
- how to find your local recommendations and guidelines for health
- search pattern for your location
- how to search for how busy a business is; how to find less-crowded times
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Google, a partner institute of EdX.
1-2 hours per week
- Verified Track -$29
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- How to frame your medical search query accurately.
- Ways to limit the search results to just the past week, month, or year to get the latest medical information.
- How to collect information from a variety of different medical websites, putting claims into a spreadsheet side-by-side to let you assess their accuracy.
- Methods for finding the best times to visit stores in your neighborhood in order to minimize your potential exposure to Coronavirus.
Solutions for Your Biggest Business Challenges:
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team