Computer Applications of Artificial Intelligence and e-Construction
This course is the third in a sequence of interrelated courses of the current computer applications in the construction industry. The emphasis of this course is the advanced computational tools including artificial intelligence, machine learning, and natural language processing, and their applications in e-Construction.
The primary goal of this course is to:
- cultivate students’ knowledge on the current trend of computational advancements; and
- train students to develop intelligent e-Construction applications.
A number of carefully crafted hands-on activities targeting construction problems will help students to not only learn the fundamentals, but also master their applications in construction.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- Virtual Classroom
Who should attend?
Students interested in taking this course should have successfully completed the edX courses, Fundamentals of Building Information Modeling, and BIM for Construction or equivalents.
Week 1: Introduction to e-Construction, Spreadsheet, and VBA
- Introduction to e-Construction
- Spreadsheet- Formulas
- Spreadsheet- Functions
- Spreadsheet- Pivot Table
- Spreadsheet- Programming and Applications Development
- Spreadsheet Applications for Cost Estimating and Control
Week 2: Engineering Database
- Introduction to Database
- Database Design
- Entity-Relationship Diagram vs. Object-Oriented Modeling
- Database Implementation in MS Access and Spreadsheet
Week 3: Programming in Python
- Introduction to Object-Oriented Programming
- Python Basics I - IV
Week 4: Natural Language Processing
- Introduction to Natural Language Processing (NLP) I - IV
- NLP for Processing Construction Specifications
Week 5: Machine Learning
- Machine Learning I- III
- Digital Inspection System
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Purdue University, a partner institute of EdX.
6-9 hours per week
- Verified Track -$750
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Program and develop spreadsheet applications for construction project management tasks;
- Develop different types of machine learning algorithms to process construction data;
- Develop natural language processing algorithms to process construction big data;
- Exploit e-Construction applications.
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...