Applying the Digital Playbook in Government: Industry-based Scenarios for Achieving Adoption and Growth in Government
This course is the last in the Digital Transformation Playbook for Government professional certificate. It culminates the experience so you can apply your skills to a simulation of digital transformation in government based on real-world experiences.
The Smith School of Business and Clark School of Engineering have teamed up to organize courses in a series that samples our best across digital strategy, marketing, planning, and delivery to bring you a series of essential lessons.
This third course starts with adding additional key concepts of digital transformation to government, looking through the Zone-To-Win strategy by Geoffrey Moore. In almost all cases, the opportunities for governments to transform will be through improving infrastructure and operations, since business models are established by legislation and either agency policy or Defense department doctrine.
The course then goes into the journey of a systems engineering GS-14 ready to lead the change at the National Archives to move from server-based electronic records to a cloud-based storage solution. Every year, millions of requests come to the National Archives and the organization was only recently responding through use of server-based technologies that couldn’t scale to meet the petabytes of data to be stored and retrieved in the digital age from all federal agencies.
Who should attend?
Course delivery details
This course is offered through The University of Maryland, College Park, a partner institute of EdX.
2-3 hours per week
- Verified Track -$249
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- How to apply Digital Disruption concepts in a government framework
- How to navigate the application and development of new emerging technologies
- Leverage contracting opportunities to bring in new dynamic capabilities to the agency
- Concepts on contracting and organizing for Agile teams in government
- Driving adoption in a federal agency of new ways of working and leveraging agile strategies and planning to drive those adoptions
- How to leverage DevOps to drive alignment amongst department stakeholders
- Key risks and pitfalls to avoid in the implementation digital transformation journey
- How to engage the public and evolve an offering with early adopter feedback for direct Government-to-Citizen services
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...