In today's business landscape, sustainability and Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) reporting have become integral to responsible corporate governance. This training aims to provide participants with a comprehensive understanding of sustainability and ESG reporting, focusing on the basics of sustainability, an introduction to ESG and relevant issues, stakeholder engagement, and ESG materiality. Participants will gain the knowledge and skills necessary to report on sustainability and ESG performance within their organizations effectively.
It will be conducted through interactive presentations, case studies, group discussions, and practical exercises. Participants can analyze real-world sustainability and ESG reporting examples, engage in group activities, and share experiences and insights.
By the end of this training, participants will have acquired a solid foundation in sustainability, ESG reporting tools and frameworks, stakeholder engagement, and ESG materiality. Additionally, upon successfully completing the training, participants will be awarded a certificate of participation, recognizing their commitment to enhancing their knowledge and skills in sustainability and ESG reporting.
Upcoming start dates
January 22 and 29, 2024, 10 am CST to 2pm CST
- Virtual Classroom
Who should attend?
This training suits professionals in sustainability reporting, corporate social responsibility, investor relations, and senior executives responsible for organizational sustainability strategies.
Session 1: Basics of Sustainability
- What is sustainability & sustainability development?
- 5 Levels of Hierarchy of Needs
- Sustainability Development: From MDG to SGD
- How to Measure the SDG
- 7 Levels of Sustainability Model
- Why should businesses focus on sustainability?
- Relevant Sustainability Standards/Frameworks
- What is the “ESG” and its 3 Pillars?
- Why ESG is Important
- Environmental Issues and Their Impacts
- Governance Issues and Their Impacts
Session 2: Stakeholder Engagement & Materiality Assessment
- Importance of Stakeholder Engagement in Sustainability and ESG Reporting
- AA1000 Series of Standards
- Establishing the Purpose of Engagement
- Stakeholder Engagement Process
- Materiality Assessment: What is “Materiality & Double Materiality”?
- Materiality & Risk Management
- How to Conduct Materiality Analysis
- The Principles of Materiality Analysis
- ESG Risks & Opportunities
What is risk reporting on material ESG issues?
Course delivery details
DQS Academy hosts this instructor-led training course virtually for private or public sessions. If you are interested in on-site training, please inquire about our private training options.
$960 per seat
Contact us for private sessions or bulk purchase options.
Why choose DQS Academy?
Our trainers are experienced auditors who have experienced what it takes for companies to implement systems that foster continuous improvement.
Our Academy offers smaller class sizes and multiple formats for each course to provide an effective working environment for learners.
The training we provide helps to foster a culture of excellence and competency, enabling growth from within.
Contact this provider
Within the overwhelming world of “managing” management systems, DQS Academy offers responsive training solutions to enable you to turn systems from uninspiring tasks into a culture of advancement. DQS Academy, part of DQS Global, the trusted certification body known for...