Certified Professional Coder (CPC) Course
When it comes to getting a coding certification, the American Association of Professional Coder (AAPC)’s Certified Professional Coder (CPC) exam is one of the most well-known. Our 13-week Certified Professional Coder (CPC) Exam Prep course is specifically designed to meet the examination guidelines used by the AAPC to obtain the Certified Professional Coder (CPC) credential. Medical coding is the translation of medical reports into a short code used within the healthcare industry. While complex and detail-driven, medical coding really comes down to knowing how to navigate the three main code sets: CPT, ICD, and HCPCS. This program will teach you to recognize how each code set is organized and the proper use. Earning your CPC credential through AAPC makes you eligible to receive 6 credits toward a degree at Davenport University.
Who should attend?
Who Should Attend
- Anyone interested in learning medical coding
- Anyone interested in earning the CPC credential through AAPC
- Anatomy, pharmacology and medical terminology
- Documentation requirements, reimbursement concepts and compliance/auditing strategies
- ICD-10-CM coding guidelines
- Use of the CPT and HCPCS code manuals
- Evaluation and management code
- Anesthesia and general surgery code
- Integumentary and musculoskeletal system code
- Respiratory and cardiovascular code
- Hemic and lymphatic, mediastinum, diaphragm, and digestive system code
- Urinary, reproductive and maternity care code
- Endocrine, nervous system and special senses code
- Radiology, pathology and laboratory code
Course delivery details
The Certified Professional Coder (CPC) Certification Course is offered in an instructor-led online format
Certification / Credits
Credits: 19 CEUs
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Utilize proper application of CPT® procedure codes, HCPCS Level II supply codes, and ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes —all of which medical providers use to submit claims to payers
- Apply official coding guidelines and conventions when assigning diagnosis and procedure codes
- Effectively access and use the approved coding books—the AMA’s CPT® Professional Edition, as well as your choice of ICD-10-CM and HCPCS Level II code manuals (all included in the cost of this program)
- Code a wide variety of patient charts using CPT®, ICD-10-CM and HCPCS codes
- Challenge the Certified Professional Coder (CPC) exam from the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) - CPC certification ensures that medical providers are in compliance with regulatory procedures
Why choose IPEx?
With over 150 years of innovative experience in leading-academic thought, Davenport brings the real world of business into each class.
Having strategically partnered with hundreds of businesses and organizations over the last 25 years, Davenport University’s IPEx has the experience to help organizations meet goals and achieve their vision of success.
From Michigan to Malaysia, as well as India, Canada, China, Australia, Brazil and beyond, IPEx has a global presence where learning happens with our international participants.
Contact this provider
Davenport University's Institute for Professional Excellence
Grow through professional development delivered the IPEx way — with an eye on your time and your budget. Davenport University’s Institute for Professional Excellence (IPEx) offers professional development courses focused on topics with real-world relevance, aimed at making you more...