Project Management Certificate ProgramCorporate Education Group
Project Management Certificate Program
All available course dates
Project Management Certificate Program
This course is aligned with A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) – Sixth Edition. The course begins with an overview of the practice of project management, followed by an introduction to a framework that standardizes project management knowledge and promotes best practices throughout the profession. It then describes how projects and their life cycles fit within the goals, structure, and culture of an organization.
The course moves on to project initiation, where, as part of a case study, participants produce a project charter and a stakeholder register. Using key outputs from initiation and other inputs, participants work in teams to produce a work breakdown structure (WBS) that defines what the project deliverables will include. The WBS then becomes a key input as participants develop a project schedule.
Continuing with project planning, participants develop a time-phased budget and gain practice with various cost estimating techniques. As part of procurement management, participants learn about the various contract types used in procurement. They practice quality management techniques by learning how to develop and utilize quality metrics. Coverage of the planning processes concludes with risk planning, where participants develop a risk register and risk response plans.
The focus of the course then moves from planning to monitoring and control from a variety of perspectives, including scope, schedule, cost, communications, and risk.Over the 5 days, the course covers aspects of all 10 Project Management Knowledge Areas and provides specific coverage of all 49 PMBOK® Guide processes:
Who should attend?
The course is designed for:
- Project team members, project managers, and managers of project managers who are looking to establish a solid command of project management concepts and techniques
- Experienced project managers who are looking to formalize their project management knowledge and sharpen their current skill sets
- Individuals interested in entering the field of project management
- Describe how projects assist an organization in achieving its goals and what factors lead to successful project outcomes.
- Describe how project management knowledge is organized under the PMBOK® Guide framework.
- Initiate a project using a project charter.
- Identify and analyze project stakeholders.
- Determine stakeholder information needs and project communication requirements.
- Describe the responsibilities of the project manager during project execution.
- Manage stakeholder expectations to ensure stakeholder satisfaction.
- Create a responsibility assignment matrix.
- Describe how to develop an effective project team and proactively manage conflict.
- Develop a project scope statement and decompose a project to build a work breakdown structure (WBS).
- Decompose WBS work packages into activities and construct a network diagram.
- Estimate durations for project activities.
- Perform project schedule calculations and identify the critical path.
- Apply analogous, parametric, bottom-up, and three-point cost estimating techniques and prepare a time-phased cost budget.
- Describe factors involved in selecting a type of contract.
- Specify a quality metric and how it will be measured to achieve a quality goal for a product or process.
- Create a cause-and-effect diagram and use it to perform a root-cause analysis.
- Describe how project status information supports project monitoring and control.
- Identify techniques to monitor and control physical resources.
- Demonstrate how to assess project risks based on probability and impact.
- Develop and implement appropriate risk response strategies to address positive and negative risks.
- Analyze work performance data using the earned value management (EVM) technique.
- Describe what steps are necessary in a change control procedure in order to ensure that only authorized changes are made to project baselines.
Module 1: Introduction to Project Management
- Understanding Project Management
- Project Organization
- Project Life Cycle
- The Project Management Framework
- Exercise: Manage for Project Success
Module 2: Develop the Project Charter
- Introduction to Project Initiation
- Understanding Project Processes
- Process: Develop Project Charter
- Exercise: Develop the Project Charter
Module 3: Plan for Stakeholder Engagement
- Process: Identify Stakeholders
- Process: Plan Stakeholder Engagement
- Exercise: Analyze Project Stakeholders
Module 4: Plan Communications Management
- Process: Plan Communications Management
- Exercise: Analyze Communication Requirements
Module 5: Develop and Execute the Project Management Plan
- Process: Develop Project Management Plan
- Process: Direct and Manage Project Work
- Process: Manage Project Knowledge
Module 6: Manage Stakeholder Expectations
- Process: Manage Stakeholder Engagement
- Process: Monitor Stakeholder Engagement
Module 7: Close Project or Phase
- Process: Close Project or Phase
Module 8: Define Project and Product Scope
- Identifying Project Scope
- Process: Collect Requirements
- Activity: Requirements Worksheet
- Process: Define Scope
- Activity: Product Analysis
- Exercise: Create a Project Scope Statement
Module 9: Organize the Work
- Process: Create WBS
- Exercise: Create a Work Breakdown Structure
- Process: Plan Scope Management
Module 10: Organize Project Activities
- Exercise: Schedule a Small Project
- Process: Define Activities
- Exercise: Create an Activity List
- Process: Sequence Activities
- Exercise: Create a Project Schedule Network Diagram
Module 11: Estimate Activity Duration
- Process: Estimate Activity Durations
- Exercise: Estimate Activity Durations
Module 12: Develop the Schedule
- Process: Develop Schedule
- Exercise: Develop a Project Schedule
- Process: Plan Schedule Management
Module 13: Resource Planning
- Process: Plan Resource Management
- Exercise: Use a RACI Chart to Assign Project Responsibilities
- Process: Estimate Activity Resources
Module 14: Managing the Team
- Process: Acquire Resources
- Process: Develop Team
- Process: Manage Team
Module 15: Cost Estimating and Budgeting
- Overview: Project Cost Management
- Process: Estimate Costs
- Exercise: Prepare a Cost Estimate
- Process: Determine Budgets
- Exercise: Establish the Cost Baseline
- Process: Plan Cost Management
Module 16: Procurement Management
- Process: Plan Procurement Management
- Process Conduct Procurements
- Process: Control Procurements
Module 17: Project Quality
- Process: Plan Quality Management
- Exercise: Determine Quality Metrics
- Process: Manage Quality
- Exercise: Conduct a Root Cause Analysis
- Process: Control Quality
Module 18: Risk Assessment
- Process: Identify Risks
- Exercise: Identify Project Risks
- Perform Qualitative Risk Analysis
- Perform Quantitative Risk Analysis
- Plan Risk Response
- Exercise: Analyze and Respond to Project Risks
- Plan Risk Management
Module 19: Controlling Resources, Schedule, and Scope
- Monitoring and Controlling Overview
- Process: Control Resources
- Process: Control Schedule
- Scope Monitoring and Control
- Process: Control Scope
- Activity: Scope Variances
- Process: Validate Scope
Module 20: Controlling Cost with Earned Value
- Overview of Control Costs
- Earned Value Basics
- Exercise: Analyze Earned Value Measurements
- Forecasting with Earned Value
- Exercise: Forecast at Completion – Analyze Earned Value Measurements
Module 21: Managing Risk and Communications
- Process: Implement Risk Responses
- Process: Monitor Risks
- Process: Manage Communications
- Work Performance Reports
- Process: Monitor Communications
Module 22: Monitoring Project Performance and Managing Changes
- Process: Monitor and Control Project Work
- Process: Perform Integrated Change Control
- Exercise: Perform Integrated Change Control
Contact Corporate Education Group for pricing details.
CORPORATE EDUCATION GROUP
Corporate Education Group (CEG) delivers talent strategies and development solutions that align with targeted business goals to transform organizational performance. From assessments to advisory consulting, program design, training delivery, and measurement, we identify the right solutions to unlock business value....
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...
4,495 USD-4,995 USD