Managing Your Project and Its StakeholdersCorporate Education Group
Managing Your Project and Its Stakeholders
All available course dates
Managing Your Project and Its Stakeholders
This is one of four courses in the CEG Project Management Certificate Program. It is aligned with A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) – Sixth Edition, Project Management Institute, Inc., 2017. The course begins with an overview of the practice of project management, followed by an introduction to a framework that standardizes project management knowledge and promotes best practices throughout the profession. The course provides coverage of project initiation, planning, execution, and closing within the Project Integration Management, Project Stakeholder Management, and Project Communications Management Knowledge Areas, as well as monitoring and controlling within the Project Stakeholder Management Knowledge Area.
This course provides a foundation for individuals entering the field of project management by describing how projects and their life cycles fit within the goals, structure, and culture of an organization. As part of a case study, participants produce a project charter and stakeholder register and learn how these key outputs of project initiation are used later in the project. Participants also create a communications management plan based on an analysis of stakeholder needs and expectations.
PMBOK® Guide processes covered in this course:
- Develop Project Charter 4.1
- Identify Stakeholders 13.1
- Plan Stakeholder Engagement 13.2
- Plan Communications Management 10.1
- Develop Project Management Plan 4.2
- Direct and Manage Project Work 4.3
- Manage Project Knowledge 4.4
- Manage Communications 10.2
- Manage Stakeholder Engagement 13.3
- Monitor Stakeholder Engagement 13.4
- Close Project or Phase 4.7
Who should attend?
The Project Management Certificate Program is designed for:
- Project team members, project managers, and managers of project managers who are looking to establish a solid command of project management concepts and techniques
- Experienced project managers who are looking to formalize their project management knowledge and sharpen their current skill sets
- Individuals interested in entering the field of project management
- Individuals whose goal is to take the Project Management Professional (PMP®)
- Exam offered by the Project Management Institute® as part of its standards and credentials programs
- Describe how projects assist an organization in achieving its goals.
- Explain what factors lead to successful project outcomes.
- Describe how project management knowledge is organized under the PMBOK® Guide framework.
- Initiate a project using a project charter.
- Identify and analyze project stakeholders.
- Determine stakeholder information needs and project communication requirements.
- Describe an approach for designing and developing a project management plan.
- Describe the responsibilities of the project manager during project execution.
- Manage project knowledge, information, and lessons throughout the project.
- Communicate effectively with project stakeholders.
- Manage stakeholder engagement to ensure stakeholder satisfaction.
- Formally close a project or phase.
Module 1: Introduction to Project Management
- Understanding Project Management
- Project Organization
- Project Life Cycle
- Project Management Framework
Module 2: Develop the Project Charter
- Introduction to Project Initiation
- Understanding Project Processes
- Process: Develop Project Charter
Module 3: Plan Stakeholder Engagement
- Process: Identify Stakeholders
- Process: Plan Stakeholder Engagement
Module 4: Plan Communications Management
- Process: Plan Communications Management
Module 5: Develop the Project Management Plan
- Process: Develop Project Management Plan
Module 6: Executing the Project
- Process: Direct and Manage Project Work
- Process: Manage Project Knowledge
Module 7: Manage Communications
- Process: Manage Communications
Module 8: Manage Stakeholder Engagement
- Process: Manage Stakeholder Engagement
- Process: Monitor Stakeholder Engagement
Module 9: Close Project or Phase
- Process: Close Project or Phase
- Course Wrap-Up
Course delivery details
This course is delivered in the live virtual classroom, traditional classroom or onsite. To inquire, contact Corporate Education Group via the information request form.
Contact Corporate Education Group via the information request to inquire about course fees.
CORPORATE EDUCATION GROUP
Corporate Education Group (CEG) delivers talent strategies and development solutions that align with targeted business goals to transform organizational performance. From assessments to advisory consulting, program design, training delivery, and measurement, we identify the right solutions to unlock business value....
Contact this provider
Corporate Education Group
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team