This course is designed to meet the needs of professionals responsible for working or interfacing in a construction environment. This course provides fundamental tools and techniques that are applicable to most construction projects. The course will utilize a series of construction conditions as examples for discussion and construction knowledge enrichment.
This course uses example and discussion-based methodology that provides:
- An environment to get an overview of construction approaches, tools, and techniques.
- A team approach that fosters group interaction and an exchange of ideas and experience.
- Direct, instructor-led feedback with participation by all participant teams.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
Inquire for more information
- Virtual Classroom
Module 1: Construction Project Planning Review
- Construction Project’s Origin (The Why)
- Site-Specific Construction Plan
- Construction Estimate Review
- Owner/Contractor/Inspector Roles and Responsibilities
- Construction Project Phases and Checkpoints
- Lean Construction Opportunities
Module 2: Pre-Construction Reviews
- Contract Terms and Conditions Review with Contractor(s)
- Contract and Claim Management Processes
- Site-Specific Safety Plan
- Quality Assurance Plan
- Weather and Outside Impacts on Plan
- Risk Identification
- Communication Plan
Module 3: Initial Construction Activities
- Validation of Site Conditions Report
- Site Preparation Activities Including Utilities
- Site Access and Security
- Lay-Down and Material Storage Area(s)
Module 4: Construction
- Daily Schedule of Construction Activities
- Pre-Construction Safety Meeting
- Requests for Inspection
- Contract Changes and Nonconformance
- Contingency and Allowance Review
Module 5: Change Requests
- Scope/Basis of Estimate Review
- Labor Hour Tracking and Review
- Quantity Tracking and Review
- Escalation and Contingency Allowance
- Change Request and Claim Approval
Module 6: Monitoring and Control
- Safety Plan(s) Adherence
- Project Controls
- Daily Reporting
- Construction Meetings
Module 7: Substantial Completion
- As-Built Management
- Inspection Checklist Review
- Punch List Development
- Allowance and Contingency Review
Module 8: Closing
- Construction Project Administrative Closure
- Post Construction Project Review
- Lessons Learned
Inquire for pricing.
Certification / Credits
- Obtain skills and confidence to understand construction terminology and processes.
- Gain the summary knowledge needed to communicate in a construction organization.
- Practice with hands-on experience with each step of the course outline below.
- Fundamental knowledge of construction processes and tools.
- Opportunity to directly apply knowledge to real life examples in a team setting and individually.
Contact this provider
CORPORATE EDUCATION GROUP
Corporate Education Group (CEG) is a premier provider of talent development solutions. Since 1987, CEG has collaborated with clients to unlock business value by delivering talent strategies and development solutions that align with targeted business goals to make your workforce...