Total Quality Management
This program provides with comprehensive knowledge on &'Quality' history and evolution, as well as quality gurus and tools. Through various workshops and role plays the course will focus on applications of quality systems, models and methodologies including excellence awards, ISO systems and breakthrough improvement methodologies such as Lean and Six Sigma. This highly interactive course will help participants apply the powerful quality tools used in leading organizations. Participants will leave with best practices on how to select, design or apply quality structures and tools in their organizations.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
Who should attend?
Who Should Attend
This course attracts individuals, managers, supervisors and all those who are engaged in quality models, awards, ISO and TQM implementation as well as improving organizational performance.
Introduction to Total Quality Management (TQM) concepts
- Definition of quality and quality models
- History of quality
- Defining TQM
- TQM critical success factors
- The relationship between ISO 9000 and TQM
- Benefits of implementing a quality model
- The cost of poor quality
- Selecting the right model for your organization
- The quality maturity ladder
The success elements of TQM
- Customer driven quality
- Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) model
- Eight-step problem solving methodology
- Process thinking
- Eliminating the non-value added
- Management by facts and data
- Continual improvement and Kaizen
- Enhanced employee participation and decision making through idea generating systems
- Employee reward and recognition
- What is a quality tool?
- The seven quality control tools
- Tree diagrams: how-how and why-why diagrams
- Force field analysis
- Affinity diagrams
- Process mapping: &'the turtle'
- Lean thinking
- The seven types of waste in organizations
- Visual management and the 5S program
- Six Sigma
Benchmarking, a tool to improve quality & business processes
- What is benchmarking? Why benchmark?
- Levels of benchmarking
- Pros and cons of different benchmarking approaches
Methodology for a continuous improvement process
- The eight steps to achieve improvement
- Critical success factors and common failure factors in TQM
Certification / Credits
- Understand the importance of quality models and identify various quality concepts and frameworks used by quality gurus
- Discover the success elements of Total Quality Management deployment (TQM)
- Use TQM improvement tools to enhance customer satisfaction and improve processes within their organization
- Describe various types of benchmarking tools and techniques to boost quality initiatives
- Apply widely used improvement methodologies
Why choose Convertas?
Founded in 2006
12 Specialized trainers
100% of happy clients
Contact this provider
Convertas Management Consultants
CONVERTAS offers a series of specialized training services across all areas of business, helping employees develop and increase their skills. Our highly qualified trainers through our specifically designed courses and workshops, as well as our innovative training methodology, will provide...