Leading the Agile Organization
By some estimates, up to 80% of all strategies — however brilliant — never generate their intended results. Rather than depreciating these disappointments as ‘failures of execution,’ organizations can learn to be responsive and proactively address the gap between strategy and execution.
To achieve this agility, organizations require leaders who are perceptive (aware and accountable), comfortable with their various roles (ambidextrous and agile), and clear about their path to value (articulate and adaptive).
In this program, you will learn more about these key skills and acquire the mindsets vital to leading an agile and adaptive organization. You will improve your ability to confidently make hard-to-reverse choices, maneuver through uncertainty, and inspire others to join you in taking risks to grow, innovate and improve the value delivered to your customers and stakeholders.
Who should attend?
This program is designed for:
- Leaders of departments and divisions
- Senior decision makers in growth-focused firms
- Aspiring leaders for whom uncertainty and complexity pose obstacles to advancement
- Managers seeking to support their teams to outperform rivals and delight customers
- Team leaders and individuals tasked with ambitious performance goals
Alumni and up to four of their colleagues are eligible for a 25 percent tuition benefit for programs lasting up to seven days.
The three-day program is structured around the 6 key capabilities demonstrated by leaders of agile organizations.
Day 1: Agile and Aware
- Agile – Maneuver through uncertainty and be a more responsive leader.
- Aware – Become aware of changes in situations, circumstances, and relationships and be unbiased and clear-sighted about personal and organizational feedback.
Day 2: Adaptive and Articulate
- Adaptive – Find, recognize, and use incoming information to update assumptions and adjust behaviors.
- Articulate – Communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders in text, symbols, actions, and other means and paint a clear picture of what is happening and what needs to be done — in a language the target audience can understand.
Day 3: Accountable and Ambidextrous
- Accountable – Set targets with clear consequences for gaps between desired and actual performance.
- Ambidextrous – Develop strength in areas other than your dominant processes and have the ability to support multiple different processes when appropriate.
The program features:
- Pre-program materials, including a selection of relevant readings and videos
- Comprehensive Coaching:
- Preprogram: a one-hour virtual coaching session with your leadership coach
- In Session: onsite coaching with your leadership coach
- Postprogram: a virtual follow-up four weeks after the program concludes
- An online self-assessment and debrief report
- A suite of cases and challenges used as a focus for program exercises and application of program concepts
- An optional follow-up webinar featuring a review of the agility framework
See the schedule above or use the request information form to learn the cost of this course.
Columbia Business School Executive Education - At the Very Center of Business
Business practices in every sector are influenced by the groundbreaking research conducted by the Columbia Business School's faculty members. They teach an ever-evolving and transformative curriculum that develops leaders that are ready and capable of creating opportunity in any environment....
Find out more about this Leading the Agile Organization course by simply filling out your details:
No reviews available
LOOKING FOR TRAINING?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team