Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Introduction to Digital Media (Online): Understanding Platforms and Content
In the past decade, the media industry has seen extreme change and growth consisting of new platforms, new content sources, and new verticals. In order for media professionals to adapt and compete within this ever-changing industry they need to stay up to date with the latest trends and practices.
In Introduction to Digital Media (Online): Understanding Platforms and Content, media and marketing professionals will gain insight into major media game changes – like Google and Facebook – and will examine the successes and errors of media companies who have tried to adjust to the developing Internet era. Throughout this course participants will gain an advanced knowledge of the shifting media industry, giving them a competitive advantage to anticipate future media changes and make confident decisions about their organization’s media strategy and tactics.
Participants in the program will emerge with a better understanding of how to build sustainable competitive advantage for their firm. They will:
- Understand how people consume different media
- Gain insider knowledge of the key media platforms that have emerged in recent decades
- Learn the fundamental drivers of the media industry, including consumer behavior and economic/structural factors
- Understand the various media ecosystems
- Gain an understanding of how to interface with large new media companies that are challenging traditional media industries and have become powerful advertising platforms
- Explore various media business models and approaches to innovation in the new advertising/communication landscape
Who should attend?
This program is designed for media professionals who want to better understand – in order to continue to compete within – the changing media industry.
This course is comprised of six modules. Each module includes:
- 10- to 15-minute video lectures with supportive presentation materials
- Industry case study
- 2-3 additional readings
- Polling and discussion questions
- The program covers:
- 3 Platforms: Broadcasting, Search, and Social media
- 3 Content Domains: Entertainment, Information, and New
- Module 1 – The Birth of a New Medium: Broadcasting
- Module 2 – Exploring the Global Search Industry
- Module 3 – The Implications of Social Media
- Module 4 – The New Revolution: Entertainment Content
- Module 5 – The Other Side of Content: Decision Making
- Module 6 – The News Outlier
Degree and diploma etc.
Upon completion of this program, you will earn one day towards a Certificate with select alumni and tuition benefits. Participants also receive a Certificate of Completion from Columbia Business School Executive Education.
See the schedule above or use the request information form to learn the cost of this course.
Columbia Business School Executive Education - At the Very Center of Business
Business practices in every sector are influenced by the groundbreaking research conducted by the Columbia Business School's faculty members. They teach an ever-evolving and transformative curriculum that develops leaders that are ready and capable of creating opportunity in any environment....
Find out more about this Introduction to Digital Media (Online): Understanding Platforms and Content course by simply filling out your details:
No reviews available
LOOKING FOR TRAINING?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team