This two-day course will explore advanced contract management approaches, helping you to identify what will work best in your organisation. It will examine how to proactively mitigate against potential risks via the contract and explore ways of increasing supplier performance through the inclusion of robust performance measures.
Upcoming start dates
10 October, 2023
- Self-paced Online
Agenda Day 1:
Introductions and aspirations followed by a discussion on pre-work activities
Contract management principles
- Portfolio analysis
- Balance of power
Principles of supplier segmentation
- Attractiveness factors
Key supply chain risks
- Categories of risk
- Risk mitigation and identification
Contract governance and creating a contract governance structure
- Life cycle
- Contract administration
- Contract management
- Performance management
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
Review of Day 1
Agenda Day 2:
Contract governance and creating a contract governance structure (continued from day 1)
- Relationship management
- Significant terms and conditions
Variations and claims
- Authorisation of variations
- Control of variations
- Dispute resolution
Review of Day 1 and 2
Course delivery details
- Your skills training will comprise of online learning and a tutor-led session.
- Online pre-learning and course materials will be available on the CIPS Learning Mangement System up-to one month ahead of your training session and should be completed before day 1 and day 2.
- The virtual classroom will open 15 minutes before your session.
Certification / Credits
What will I learn?
As part of this course, you will have access to pre and post work activities online to help you prepare and reflect on your training. You’ll start by learning how to segment your suppliers in order to identify what type of contractual relationship you want to establish with your suppliers.
This will help you to create the right contract governance structure. You’ll explore the key terms and conditions which you may find in a contract and how these are used to ensure that what you expected from the contract is realised and any risks are mitigated. This includes how you can make variations to the contract and deal with any claims from suppliers.
What are the learning objectives?
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify which contract management approach is most effective for a given category of spend
- Create the right environment for effective contract management
- Understand the difference between variations and claims and how to approach them
- Manage identified risks through contracted terms and conditions
- Ensure key performance measures can be effectively managed via the contract
Why choose CIPS?
95% of our students tell us that CIPS qualifications are the standard for the profession
Professionals with MCIPS on average earn 20% more
Average rating 5
For someone moving into the Procurement Environment, I found the Contract Management Training really insightful, the pre work was informative and gave detailed explanations of t...
As a new member of our Contract Management team I was very nervous about attending this course as I have not got much knowledge so far. Mike made me feel very comfortable and di...
Contact this provider
We are CIPS, the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply
A global membership organisation driving positive change across our profession. CIPS are the voice and standard, defining and amplifying best practice across all our worlds. We help build capability within organisations. Diagnosing, troubleshooting and training. We’ll work with your organisation...