NERC Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) Deep DiveCaptiva Solutions
NERC Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) Deep Dive
All available course dates
The Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) set of standards was developed by the North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) to ensure the protection of any assets used to operate North America’s Bulk Electric System (BES). Any entity that owns or operates any type of BES in the United States, Canada and Mexico must be compliant with NERC CIP requirements.
Captiva Solutions, comprehensive NERC CIP cybersecurity training course covers a variety of topics in the protection of critical infrastructure that is part of the Bulk Electric Systems (BES). This 5-day course provides a deep dive into the NERC CIP standards including a history of their development, an understanding of the present standards, and a view of standards subject to future enforcement. The course also provides a detailed overview of each standard, its fundamental purpose, and the intent of each requirement and presents the learner with vital introductory cybersecurity concepts and analyzes cyber threats and relevant defense mechanisms, the reasons behind common compliance violations, and an overview of the CIP audit/compliance program as an effective strategy for building a compliance program.
Attendees will also learn about the concepts behind reliability of the bulk power system, commonly referred to as the bulk electric system or the power grid, and related concepts such as communication related requirements, electronic security perimeters, interactive remote access, physical protection of communication devices, network elements and transient devices.
Who should attend?
Captiva Solutions NERC CIP training course is essential for professionals dealing with controlling, monitoring, and assessing an organization’s Bulk Power System (BPS) cybersecurity assets and business systems. This includes:
- Bulk Electrical System (BES) asset owners and operators
- IT and ICS cybersecurity personnel
- Auditors, vendors and team leaders
- Field support personnel and security operators
- Electric utility personnel involved with NERC CIP standards
- All individuals who need to understand the CIP concepts
- Electric utility engineers working in electric industry security
- Managers, accountants, and executives of the electric industry
- System operators and individuals in electric utility organizations
- Compliance managers, Project managers, coordinators and analysts
- Independent system operator personnel working with utility companies
- Professionals responsible for critical infrastructure protection implementations and audits
- Technicians, operators, and maintenance personnel who are or will be working at electric utility companies
- Investors and contractors who plan to make investments in electric industry considering security standards
- Operating Interconnected and Interdependent BES Cyber Systems
- Asset Identification and Requirement Applicability
- NERC CIP Regulatory Requirements
- Protecting BES Cyber System Information
- BES Cyber System Recovery
- Electronic Access Controls
- Physical Access Controls
- Incident Response
- Physical Security
Sample Workshops, Group Activities, and Hands-On Labs for Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) NERC Training
- PACS and Monitoring (EACMS) Assets
- Types of Documentation in Scope of CIP Security
- Security Patches and Functionality Patches Example
- Physical Security Tests on Firewalls, IDS, and Proxies
- How to Preserve Incident Data, Integrity of Distributed Files
- Assessment of Low/Medium/High Impact BES Cyber Systems
- Vulnerability Assessment Case Study using scanning tools e.g. Nessus/NMap
- Baseline Definition for Two Computers/Servers/Devices with Items in Common
- Monitoring Requirements for new Field Devices such as PLCs, Relays, or Monitoring Devices
- Protection of Devices in Substations such as Transformer Monitoring Devices, Distribution Relays and PLCs.
Course delivery details
Each Captiva Solutions course maximizes your investment and quickly prepares you for the certification exam. Our training programs provide multiple benefits some of which include:
- CPE Eligible Courses
- DoD 8140/ 8570.1 Compliant Courses
- Affordable course fees that provide more value
- Flexible pricing options using our payment plan
- Real-Skills-for-Real-jobs™ Training Methodology
- Seasoned instructors and practicing subject matter experts
- Recognition of technical expertise leading to increased value
- Focused, exam-ready content in an easy to follow study guide
- Convenient class schedules including weekdays and weekends
- 30-day post-class support for hassle-free real-world application
- A stash of relevant takeaway tools, guides, resources, and learning material
- Coaching and mentoring from highly experienced and certified practitioners
- Certification exam achievement leading to explosive career growth potential
- Immediate utilization of knowledge and skills in real world settings resulting in a competitive edge
- Supplementary materials in the form of case studies, practice questions, and industry white papers
- Role-based interactive sessions and real-world scenarios, including hands-on labs and practical exercises
- Multiple delivery formats including instructor-led, virtual instructor-led, hybrid, on-demand, and group training to fit your needs
Additional perks we offer include:
- Retake opportunity
- Referrals to top recruiters
- Resume review, update, and building tips
- Six-month extended access to online classes
- Bootcamps and exam preparation immersive classes
- Interview preparation, tips and tricks, softs skills coaching and mentorship
- Enterprise grade Learning Management System (LMS)
- Customizable LMS dashboards for individuals, teams, and managers
40 Hours - $3,500.00
Certification / Credits
- Attendees must have a minimum two years of full-time professional work experience in the fields of IT / cybersecurity and industrial control systems (ICS) or the electric utility industry.
Why choose Captiva Solutions?
Niche Area: Cybersecurity
About Captiva Solutions
Since 2010, Captiva Solutions has been providing training to next-generation cyber-guardians with real-life skills and tactics. We are more committed than ever to address the current risk of an uneducated and unqualified Information Assurance (IA) workforce and offer courses that...
Learn more about our training service, methodology, and benefits.
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...
New York City
Corporate / Group Training
Corporate / Group Training