Small Business Accounting Fundamentals CDN (Self-paced Online)
Running a business requires expertise in a wide range of areas: sales, marketing, operations, and finance. In a small business, it s not uncommon for a single individual to oversee all of these functions — there s a lot to it! A business can have the best product or service, but if the owner can t manage cash flow or keep track of expenses, that business will struggle to reach its full potential. In a climate where nearly half of small businesses fail within the first five years, companies need to position themselves for long-term profitability and sustainability using proper accounting fundamentals. Small business success depends on accurate knowledge of your margins on each of your offerings. Our fundamentals course prepares you to know your financials like you know the rest of your business, putting you on course for long-term viability and profitability. Our interactive training program concentrates on giving small business owners the financial literacy they need to price their product, understand their costs, and operate at a profit. Plus, we ve included an added focus on implementing successful business strategies that improve viability, helping business to not only survive, but thrive. Delivered through our powerful AME Engage™ learning software, you ll experience the hands-on, interactive Accounting Map™ tutorials that make small business accounting easy to understand.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Who should take this course
Small business owners and executives who do not have prior business education or experience in accounting.
Our 25-hour course covers:
- Linking personal accounting to business accounting
- Fundamentals of assets, liabilities, revenue, expenses, owner s equity
- The Accounting Cycle: Debits and credits, making a journal entry, the general ledger, adjusting entries at the end of the accounting cycles, financial statements
- Cash and internal controls: Bank reconciliation and petty cash
- Basics of payroll accounting, sales tax, and various payable accounts
- The meaning behind numbers in financial statements; various financial ratios and how they affect your small business
- Decision-making with accounting information to help plan and control your business
- The relationship between cost, volume, and profit
- Business strategies and measuring business performance
Certification / Credits
AME Learning's series of online self-paced courses for business learners will help you upgrade your skills, get a promotion, or run your small business.
When you've finished the course, you'll receive a digital badge for your LinkedIn profile and a certificate of course completion.
Why choose AME Learning?
The only academic publisher in North America that focuses solely on accounting
Students who completed AME Engage online interactive tutorials + used AME practice sets achieved 17.36 grade points higher than students who did not
Innovative instructional approach is designed to maximize student understanding of accounting - “the language of business”
Contact this provider
AME Learning Inc.
AME Learning is a leader in providing specialized accounting and financial literacy education in academic and business environments. Over 70 higher education institutions in Canada and the U.S. support instruction with AME’s innovative course materials and cloud-based Accounting Map™ Tutorials....