What is a MOOC? - Forum

5/20/2015 3:31 PM   Luke
My boss told me that 'MOOCs' are becoming more important and that I should consider taking one as a new form of training. I'm drawing a blank on what it is or how I should go about taking one. Do you offer any MOOCs? All the best, Luke

RE: What is a MOOC?
6/29/2015 3:57 PM   FindCourses.com

Hi Luke!

A MOOC is a "Massive Open Online Course" and is a training format that is increasing in popularity globally. MOOCs allow you to attend courses from the ease of your home and usually for free. Many prestigious universities offer their courses in the form of a MOOC so that people around the world may benefit.

MOOCs are so interesting to us here at FindCourses.com that we have written an article discussing the state of the MOOC market in the United States. If you would like additional information, click the link below to learn more!
http://www.findcourses.com/trends/learning-technology/the-usas-mooc-market-9535

Best,
FindCourses.com

7/17/2015 4:07 PM   Geoff Kinzler
I am actually a big fan of MOOCs! I have taken a few in the past year and they really are an amazing experience to get knowledge in a great medium. However, it is also quite easy to forget about them and drop off half way through the course. I would recommend starting with a MOOC that interests you personally and work up to ones for your professional career!

/Geoff

11/30/2015 12:50 PM   Henry Li
Moocs are okay in theory - but they're quite hard to motivate yourself for and have a high drop out rate.

L&DReport2022

Our newsletter
Leave your email and stay updated on professional training