Soft skills training - Forum

5/25/2015 2:11 AM   Josh McClouth
What are the 'soft skills' and why are they important to learn?

RE: Soft skills training
6/29/2015 4:39 PM   FindCourses.com

Hello Josh,

Soft skills are usually often refer to behavioral and personal traits of a professional. Common examples of soft skills include the ability to manage others, communication and presentation skills, interpersonal skills, and leadership abilities. These are often a contrast to "hard skills" which are more measurable and quantifiable, such as typing, math, reading, etc. Soft skills are important because interaction with others is always a large part of the job, and as such your personal habits and behaviors will come into context.

We have recently developed a quiz testing users to see which famous TV character they are most like in terms of their soft skills. Feel free to take our quiz and your results should give you some insight regarding which soft skills you are doing well and which soft skills you need to improve. Click here to take our soft skills quiz!

Best,
FindCourses.com

11/30/2015 12:53 PM   Charlotte Lam
As a manager, I'd say soft skills are one of the most important skills I seek out in a potential employee. Being able to communicate well, listen and understand others, and interact with clients and co-workers is an invaluable trait in an employee. If you're seeking a job I would definitely say thhese types of courses are the best to help professional development and career prospects!

/Charlotte

4/5/2016 5:00 PM   Allyjay
What are the most in-demand soft skills? Ones that employers ask the most for...

6/29/2016 4:42 PM   Rob
I would say that communication skills are the most in-demand. Also - leadership - but everyone regardless of their role and level in a company need to be skilled communicators. Communication skills are a really broad category though - it could be assertiveness, it could be presentation skills, writing skills - there are a lot of facets that define a good communicator.

L&DReport2022

Our newsletter
Leave your email and stay updated on professional training