Should I take IT training online or at a training center? - Forum

9/25/2014 2:17 PM   gregg
Hi - I was given a small training budget for work and need to take some IT coding courses. I'm wondering if it makes more sense for me to do this online or in a classroom?

RE: Should I take IT training online or at a training center?
10/2/2014 1:47 PM   FindCourses.com
Hello,

This is quite a situational question. It is truly dependent upon your personal learning styles, the equipment you have, and how much free time is available to you.

If you prefer to learn in a face to face manner and enjoy being able to ask questions in person, it may be more suitable for you to take a classroom course. If you enjoy being by yourself and learning in your own environment, an online course may be preferable.

Additionally, you may be taking a training course on your own equipment and need the course to directly apply to the model you have. If this is the case, you may want to take a classroom course and bring your work specific equipment to the course to learn the content tailored to your needs. This may prove to be more difficult through an online course.

Finally, if you have quite a bit of free time, a classroom course may be the best option. If you are tight on time, online courses are much more flexible and can often be taken whenever best suits your schedule.

Good luck in your training!

Best,
FindCourses.com

RE: Should I take IT training online or at a training center?
11/28/2014 1:40 PM   Dawn Newberry

What do you prefer? I am usually a hands-on learner and really need to be in a traditional classroom setting to learn. I also do not have much of my own equipment, so taking an IT course at home or online was not a great option for me.

Just consider how much time you have, how you prefer to learn, and then it should be easy from there!

/Dawn

L&DReport2022

Our newsletter
Leave your email and stay updated on professional training