Do I need to seek out my own training? - Forum

9/25/2014 2:20 PM   frankiej25
What is the benefit of an individual seeking training on their own? Shouldn't the training be up to the company they work for?

RE: Do I need to seek out my own training?
9/30/2014 3:57 PM   FindCourses.com
Hello,

Thanks for the question. There are actually a few benefits to an individual seeking out their own professional training.

Unfortunately, not all companies provide training for their employees, and if they do, it may just be provided at the beginning of employment. It is so important today to stay up to date on your career and to actively participate in training programs. If your company will not provide the training for you, you should try to take a few courses each year to better your skills. These training programs could allow you to become more efficient at your job, and could even lead to promotion opportunities.

Additionally, training certifications may only last for a limited amount of time - your training could be valid for years, or simply just months. It is important to stay on top of this if you wish to remain certified in your career or industry. Technology is also ever increasing, and if you find yourself confused with a new Microsoft update, basic computer skills, or anything else relevant to your career, you should be proactive. Falling behind on training could be detrimental to your career.

Overall, companies and corporations are spending more money on training each year and most are great about training their employees. If your company has been neglecting employee training, encourage your manager to provide more training opportunities or seek it on your own. It can only help!

Best of luck,
FindCourses.com

L&DReport2022

Our newsletter
Leave your email and stay updated on professional training