Meeting Leadership Challenges
Some managers, both new and experienced, tend to focus on output rather than the people who are producing the product. Yet, research shows that when a manager provides clear direction, information, and support, performance increases.
Meeting Leadership Challenges helps managers learn how to shift their attention away from output and toward creating optimal conditions in three key leadership action areas. Learning to focus attention on effectively meeting employees’ needs in these areas leads to long-term, sustainable growth, but ignoring these areas may lead to low morale, attrition, and low performance.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
Who should attend?
This program is a must for new managers looking to understand what it means to be an effective leader and how it differs from being an individual contributor.
Meeting Leadership Challenges helps shift managerial focus from strictly output toward creating stimulating conditions for employees to accept greater responsibility. Your leaders will be able to:
- Stimulate employee performance with high fulfillment to more effectively use employees’ talents
- Stimulate individual growth
- Provide all the necessary information about the organization, recognize contributions appropriately, and create an environment in which it’s safe to ask for help
The Wilson Learning Advantage—Ensuring Learning Is Applied for Improved Performance
For any program to be effective, learning must be transferred to day-to-day work practices. To achieve this, a variety of performance application, reinforcement, and support tools are essential for any successful learning implementation.
The following tools, activities, and components ensure skills are learned, applied, and coached to for improved performance:
- Pre-workshop communication to accelerate the readiness of both participants and managers
- Learning designed for maximum transfer of new skills, with flexible delivery options (options vary by program)
- Automated learner and manager reinforcement and application activities to ensure participants hone newly acquired skills, use them on the job, and managers effectively coach for sustained results
This program can be taught by a Wilson Learning facilitator or by an organization’s own leader-trained in-house professional.
Organizations that partner with Wilson Learning have access to additional services to address their unique needs, including:
- Implementation consulting
- Assessment and measurement
- Evaluation of performance impact
Inquire for pricing information
Contact this provider
Our work with thousands of organizations has taught us that every organization is uniquely shaped by its history, culture, mission, values, lore, leadership, and, ultimately, its people. Every organization has a pulse. For 50 years, Wilson Learning has partnered with...