Leading in Challenging Times™
Implementing new strategies requires change, and change requires people at all levels in the organization to be fully engaged and energized. However, change often results in employees who become frustrated or frozen. The organization then quickly becomes reactive rather than proactive.
Leading in Challenging Times™ focuses on what happens to human energy during times of change. To capture the discretionary energy of the workforce, leaders must understand how motivation and focus can be lost, and what they and their teams can do to regain effectiveness and commitment. This powerful organizational development program will help your leaders understand their role in implementing business strategy, execute strategy during times of change, take charge of the change process, and refocus people’s energy to move positively through change.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
Who should attend?
This program is a must for organizations looking to flawlessly implement new business strategies amidst change. Leading in Challenging Times™ will help your leaders understand how to execute strategy and refocus people’s energy to move positively through change.
Leading in Challenging Times™ equips leaders with the insights and skills to help the organization proactively navigate change. Your leaders will be able to:
- Understand and articulate the link between discretionary energy and the success or failure of your organization’s strategy
- Identify the types of loss their employees are experiencing; be able to apply coaching skills to help others begin adapting to change
- Apply self-management techniques and coaching skills for helping themselves and others take stock of loss experiences so they can move productively through change
- Help others work to overcome the resistance, resentment, demoralization, uncertainty, and stress that change can bring; be able to lead the change process and implement strategies for moving forward in a context of opportunity and potentiality
The Wilson Learning Advantage—Ensuring Learning Is Applied for Improved Performance
For any program to be effective, learning must be transferred to day-to-day work practices. To achieve this, a variety of performance application, reinforcement, and support tools are essential for any successful learning implementation.
The following tools, activities, and components ensure skills are learned, applied, and coached to for improved performance:
- Pre-workshop communication to accelerate the readiness of both participants and managers
- Learning designed for maximum transfer of new skills, with flexible delivery options (options vary by program)
- Automated learner and manager reinforcement and application activities to ensure participants hone newly acquired skills, use them on the job, and managers effectively coach for sustained results
This program can be taught by a Wilson Learning facilitator or by an organization’s own leader-trained in-house professional.
Organizations that partner with Wilson Learning have access to additional services to address their unique needs, including:
- Implementation consulting
- Assessment and measurement
- Evaluation of performance impact
Inquire for pricing information
Contact this provider
Our work with thousands of organizations has taught us that every organization is uniquely shaped by its history, culture, mission, values, lore, leadership, and, ultimately, its people. Every organization has a pulse. For 50 years, Wilson Learning has partnered with...