Leading for Performance
When leaders perform, people perform—and when people perform, businesses succeed. Leading for Performance is a series of leadership effectiveness modules that provides first-level and mid-level managers, team leaders, and project managers with the skills and tools they need to create effective working relationships with others. Participants learn proven best practices for communication, team building, conflict resolution, coaching, goal setting, conflict management, problem-solving, and other vital leadership competencies that can drive performance and lead to a sustainable advantage for their organizations.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
Who should attend?
This program is comprised of 13 configurable leadership modules and is a must for organizations looking to train - leaders with the foundational skills to establish their leadership credibility, and shift from that of “doer” to “leader” in order to get work done through others.
Leading for Performance is comprised of 13 practical, configurable instructor-led modules. The modules vary in length from one-half day to one day and can be delivered as discrete modules or as an integrated offering over time. Modules include:
- Coaching for Performance
- Coaching for Sales Performance
- Communicating with Purpose
- Delegating with Confidence
- Interviewing for Selection
- Managing Conflict
- Meeting Leadership Challenges
- Managing Styles in Conflict
- Managing Time Wisely
- Motivating for Results
- Reviewing Performance
- Setting Goals for Success
- Working Styles: Dimensions of Social Style
The Wilson Learning Advantage—Ensuring Learning Is Applied for Improved Performance
For any program to be effective, learning must be transferred to day-to-day work practices. To achieve this, a variety of performance application, reinforcement, and support tools are essential for any successful learning implementation.
The following tools, activities, and components ensure skills are learned, applied, and coached to for improved performance:
- Pre-workshop communication to accelerate the readiness of both participants and managers
- Learning designed for maximum transfer of new skills, with flexible delivery options (options vary by program)
- Automated learner and manager reinforcement and application activities to ensure participants hone newly acquired skills, use them on the job, and managers effectively coach for sustained results
This program can be taught by a Wilson Learning facilitator or by an organization’s own leader-trained in-house professional.
Organizations that partner with Wilson Learning have access to additional services to address their unique needs, including:
- Implementation consulting
- Assessment and measurement
- Evaluation of performance impact
Inquire for pricing information
Contact this provider
Our work with thousands of organizations has taught us that every organization is uniquely shaped by its history, culture, mission, values, lore, leadership, and, ultimately, its people. Every organization has a pulse. For 50 years, Wilson Learning has partnered with...