Building Relationship Versatility: Social Styles at Work
In every organization, there is an untapped asset—versatility. Social Styles Versatility is perhaps the most powerful interpersonal skill one can have. Versatility is the ability to recognize differences in communication preferences and to adapt to make others more open and receptive—creating more effective and productive relationships.
Building Relationship Versatility: Social Styles at Work is built around a four-quadrant Social Styles matrix. Because about 25% of people fall into each of these four categories, we share a Social Style with only about 25% of the people we meet. To effectively connect and build relationships with the other 75% requires Social Styles Versatility.
After being profiled, participants receive their Social Style, interpersonal versatility rating, and specific versatility behaviors. During the workshop, they learn how to identify others’ Social Styles and, based on understanding their own and others’ styles, learn to modify their own behaviors to communicate more easily and effectively with others.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
Who should attend?
This program is a must for individual contributors and leaders alike, regardless of experience level. Mastering Social Styles Versatility allows individuals to communicate more effectively, leaders to have more productive relationships with their direct reports, and cross-functional teams to be more efficient and effective.
Building Relationship Versatility: Social Styles at Work provides participants with results-oriented versatility skills that help them improve their ability to work effectively with others. Participants will be able to:
- Recognize the importance of versatility in personal and business success
- Accurately determine others’ Social Styles and be able to approach them in the most appropriate manner
- Communicate persuasively with each Social Style
- Gain skills to effectively manage conflict and understand how and when to use various techniques to address fight and flight behaviors
- Adapt behavior to match others’ behavior—improving versatility to build better relationships and influence others
The Wilson Learning Advantage—Ensuring Learning Is Applied for Improved Performance
For any program to be effective, learning must be transferred to day-to-day work practices. To achieve this, a variety of performance application, reinforcement, and support tools are essential for any successful learning implementation.
The following tools, activities, and components ensure skills are learned, applied, and coached to for improved performance:
- Pre-workshop communication to accelerate the readiness of both participants and managers
- Learning designed for maximum transfer of new skills, with flexible delivery options (options vary by program)
- Automated learner and manager reinforcement and application activities to ensure participants hone newly acquired skills, use them on the job, and managers effectively coach for sustained results
This program can be taught by a Wilson Learning facilitator or by an organization’s own leader-trained in-house professional.
Organizations that partner with Wilson Learning have access to additional services to address their unique needs, including:
- Implementation consulting
- Assessment and measurement
- Evaluation of performance impact
Inquire for pricing information
Contact this provider
Our work with thousands of organizations has taught us that every organization is uniquely shaped by its history, culture, mission, values, lore, leadership, and, ultimately, its people. Every organization has a pulse. For 50 years, Wilson Learning has partnered with...