Real Estate Modeling (REIT)Wall Street Prep
Real Estate Modeling (REIT)
All available course dates
Real Estate Modeling (REIT): Online Self-Study Course
This Real Estate Modeling (REIT) training course is an online, self-study program offered by Wall Street Prep. Trainees in this program will learn to build financial and valuation models from scratch for an actual REIT. These models will be built by using a step-by-step approach. Throughout the training, students will cover the drivers of the REIT industry, corporate structure and financial statements, and key concepts such as FFO, AFFO, CAD, and NAV.
Who should attend?
This online training program is ideal for professionals in the investment banking industry seeking to enhance their knowledge and skills in the REIT industry. All course participants must have a fundamental understanding of accounting, corporate finance, and Microsoft Excel.
The training content for this Real Estate Modeling (REIT) training course is structured as follows:
- REIT overview
- Industry profile
- Industry drivers and terminology
- Tax advantages of REIT’s
- REIT basics
- The structure of REIT’s (UPREIT’s and DOWNREIT’s)
- Modeling REIT financial statements
- The financials of REIT’s as compared to other companies
- Working with press releases, financial filings, and historical data
- GAAP vs. Non-GAAP presentation of REIT financial data
- Sector-specific drivers and forecasting best practices
- Forecasting Funds from operations (FFO), adjusted funds from operations (AFFO / CAD)Modeling same store properties
- Impact of Modeling acquisitions, developments and dispositions on the three financial statements
- Discontinued operations
- REIT balance sheet forecasting Completed properties, CIP and land under development
- Building a REIT cash flow statement
- NAV modeling
- Step-by-step modeling: Net Asset Value (NAV)
- Common adjustments to NAV
- Arriving at implied cap rates
- Common NAV pitfalls and implicit assumptions
The cost of this self-study Real Estate Modeling (REIT) course is $399.
Certification / Credits
Wall Street Prep offers the following learning tools to students of this Real Estate Modeling (REIT) training course:
- Step-By-Step Modeling Instruction
- Step-by-step lessons via videos and readings
- Ready-to-use REIT financial and valuation models
- Utilization of a case study
- Support Center
- 24-month access to Wall Street Prep's Online Support Center
- Receive answers to questions, free downloads, important updates, etc.
- Boost Add-In for Excel
- Students will receive free add-in: Boost
- Time saving tool designed for building financial models
About Wall Street Prep
Wall Street Prep
Wall Street Prep was established in 2004 from a group of investment bankers seeking to enhance the competitive profile of students pursuing careers in the financial services industry. Since then, the company has grown to include self-study training courses, live...
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...