Providing Performance FeedbackVital Learning
Providing Performance Feedback
All available course dates
Providing Performance Feedback
Most employees want feedback about their work and strive to improve workplace performance. You know what it takes to achieve results. After all, your success got you a leadership position. Providing high-quality performance feedback to your team members gives them the information they need to succeed.
As a manager and team leader, you are aware of your team members’ performance, and uniquely positioned to provide effective feedback afterdeveloping performance goals. You must be able to establish a process that helps improve workplace performance while maintaining strong relationships within the team. Whether given formally during a performance review or informally during a one-on-one meeting, clear and actionable feedback helps to ensure that employee performance improvement goals are reached.
The Vital Learning Providing Performance Feedback™ course equips supervisors, team leaders and managers with a fair and fact-based, collaborative model for feedback sessions. This model helps reduce discomfort and improves the payoff from challenging feedback discussions between a manager and team member. Effective performance feedback is highly collaborative; when team members agree to the process, they are committed to employee performance improvement and work to produce great results.
- Open: Explain the purpose and importance of the performance review
- Clarify: Ask for the team member’s evaluation of performance
- Seek/Share: Ask the team member for ways to improve performance
- Agree: Agree on the actions the team member must take to improve performance
- Close: Set a follow up meeting to check on progress
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at supervisors, team leaders and managers.
The learning objectives for this Providing Performance Feedback course include:
- Identify when to provide performance feedback to the team member
- Use observable behaviors, facts and data to support your performance feedback
- Provide S.M.A.R.T. performance feedback (specific, measurable, attainable, results oriented and time-framed)
- Use positive feedback to motivate team members
- Involve the team member in the evaluation and discussion of his/her performance
- Use the Providing Performance Feedback Skill Points to plan and conduct a meeting with your team member
Course delivery details
Vital Learning's "Providing Performance Feedback" course is available in the following delivery methods:
- A self-paced, 1-hour online course
- A 4-hour facilitated session.
- We can provide an experienced facilitator, or you can facilitate in-house
- "Blended Classroom"
- The 1-hour online course, followed up with an abbreviated in-person instructor led session
- "Blended VILT"
- The 1-hour online course, followed up with a 90-minute virtual instructor led session
The price of this course is $49 per person per course. To take all 12 courses in the Leadership Essential Series, the cost is $588.
About Vital Learning
Vital Learning - Classroom, online, and blended management training solutions
At Vital Learning, our core focus is practical management skills training. Not high-level concepts, general approaches or theories. We give managers the specific skills they need to make the greatest impact possible on the growth of your organization. Companies who...
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...
Corporate / Group Training