Providing Performance Feedback
Providing Performance Feedback
Most employees want feedback about their work and strive to improve workplace performance. You know what it takes to achieve results. After all, your success got you a leadership position. Providing high-quality performance feedback to your team members gives them the information they need to succeed.
As a manager and team leader, you are aware of your team members’ performance, and uniquely positioned to provide effective feedback afterdeveloping performance goals. You must be able to establish a process that helps improve workplace performance while maintaining strong relationships within the team. Whether given formally during a performance review or informally during a one-on-one meeting, clear and actionable feedback helps to ensure that employee performance improvement goals are reached.
The Vital Learning Providing Performance Feedback™ course equips supervisors, team leaders and managers with a fair and fact-based, collaborative model for feedback sessions. This model helps reduce discomfort and improves the payoff from challenging feedback discussions between a manager and team member. Effective performance feedback is highly collaborative; when team members agree to the process, they are committed to employee performance improvement and work to produce great results.
- Open: Explain the purpose and importance of the performance review
- Clarify: Ask for the team member’s evaluation of performance
- Seek/Share: Ask the team member for ways to improve performance
- Agree: Agree on the actions the team member must take to improve performance
- Close: Set a follow up meeting to check on progress
Please note that this course is offered both online and as classroom training. Please note that the classroom version of this course runs for four hours as opposed to the two hour online version. To find out more or to talk through your requirements, get in touch with Vital Learning through the request information button below and a representative will be in touch soon.
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at supervisors, team leaders and managers.
The learning objectives for this Providing Performance Feedback course include:
- Identify when to provide performance feedback to the team member
- Use observable behaviors, facts and data to support your performance feedback
- Provide S.M.A.R.T. performance feedback (specific, measurable, attainable, results oriented and time-framed)
- Use positive feedback to motivate team members
- Involve the team member in the evaluation and discussion of his/her performance
- Use the Providing Performance Feedback Skill Points to plan and conduct a meeting with your team member
The price of this course is $49 per person per course. To take all 12 courses in the Leadership Essential Series, the cost is $588.
Provider: Vital Learning
Vital Learning - Classroom, online, and blended management training solutions
For 30 years, Vital Learning management skills solutions have been used to develop leaders at organizations worldwide. Thousands of companies have used our Leadership Essentials courses to develop millions of employees. The Leadership Essentials stands out with its unique practical...
Request information - obligation free
Find out more about this Providing Performance Feedback course by simply filling out your details:
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team