Your ability to keep an open mind when it comes to managing employee complaints is critical to the morale and success of your team and organization. Complaints highlight your team members’ frustrations and/or distractions, and addressing them negatively or avoiding them altogether affects productivity across the company.
Most employees don’t enjoy complaining, so when you are approached with a grievance, it is typically cause for concern. Knowing how to listen,effectively communicateand resolve complaints is fundamental to ensuring that your team members feel valued, understood and supported, which ultimately leads to greater job satisfaction and increased output.
The Vital Learning Managing Complaints™ course provides supervisors, team leaders and managers with a proven process and individual skills to effectively manage employee complaints in a way that supports employee and team goals. This course illustrates the importance of managers and team leaders listening to team member complaints and remaining non-judgmental. This is a pivotal skill – because what might appear to be a minor issue to the manager may, in fact, be a major problem to the team member.
- Open: Ask the team member to detail the complaint
- Clarify: Ask questions to gather all available details
- Seek/Share: Summarize the complaint to demonstrate your understanding
- Agree: Agree on appropriate actions to solve the complaint
- Close: Express your appreciation to the team member for bringing the complaint forward
Please note that this course is offered both online and as classroom training. Please note that the classroom version of this course runs for four hours as opposed to the two hour online version. To find out more or to talk through your requirements, get in touch with Vital Learning through the request information button below and a representative will be in touch soon.
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at supervisors, team leaders and managers.
The learning objectives for this Managing Complaints course include:
- Recognize that all team member complaints must be dealt with, rather than ignored or dismissed
- Identify the potential underlying issues of the complaint to determine the reasons or causes for the complaint
- Determine and address the underlying issues of the complaint to resolve the problem
- Use active listening skills to maintain control, verify understanding and determine the facts of the situation
- Use the Managing Complaints Skill Points to plan and conduct a meeting with your team member
The price of this course is $49 per person per course. To take all 12 courses in the Leadership Essential Series, the cost is $588.
Provider: Vital Learning
Vital Learning - Classroom, online, and blended management training solutions
For 30 years, Vital Learning management skills solutions have been used to develop leaders at organizations worldwide. Thousands of companies have used our Leadership Essentials courses to develop millions of employees. The Leadership Essentials stands out with its unique practical...
Request information - obligation free
Find out more about this Managing Complaints course by simply filling out your details:
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team