Disciplining your team members is a difficult but necessary process to help ensure that the goals and actions of your team members are aligned. Effective discipline has the potential to be a positive learning experience for both you and your team members if this aspect of employee performance management is carried out the right way.
Utilizingstrong coaching skillsis critical when disciplining your team members. Learning how to use effective discipline as a teaching opportunity and deliver constructive, negative feedback in a way that encourages team members to change without demeaning them is paramount to the success of your team.
The Vital Learning Effective Discipline course provides supervisors, team leaders and managers with the interpersonal performance training necessary to dramatically reduce employees’ problem behaviors. Involving team members in performance discussions and winning their commitment to behavioral change enables managers and team leaders to turn a potentially negative interaction into a positive developmental step.
- Open: Explain the performance problem and why it concerns you
- Clarify: Ask the team member why the performance problem is occurring
- Seek/Share: Ask the team member for ways to permanently solve the problem
- Agree: Explain the disciplinary actions the team leader must take
- Close: Set a follow up meeting to check on progress
Please note that this course is offered both online and as classroom training. Please note that the classroom version of this course runs for four hours as opposed to the two hour online version. To find out more or to talk through your requirements, get in touch with Vital Learning through the request information button below and a representative will be in touch soon.
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at supervisors, team leaders and managers.
The learning objectives for this Effective Discipline course include:
- Take disciplinary action when a performance issue or work habit issue remains unresolved after previous discussions
- Follow a progressive disciplinary path that is consistent with your organization’s policies
- Document and communicate the performance problem specifically, objectively and factually
- Respond with empathy to team member reactions to maintain team member self-esteem
- Ensure the team member takes ownership of the performance problem and takes responsibility for solving the problem
- Use the Effective Discipline Skill Points to plan and conduct a meeting with your team member
The price of this course is $49 per person per course. To take all 12 courses in the Leadership Essential Series, the cost is $588.
Provider: Vital Learning
Vital Learning - Classroom, online, and blended management training solutions
For 30 years, Vital Learning management skills solutions have been used to develop leaders at organizations worldwide. Thousands of companies have used our Leadership Essentials courses to develop millions of employees. The Leadership Essentials stands out with its unique practical...
Request information - obligation free
Find out more about this Effective Discipline course by simply filling out your details:
No reviews available
LOOKING FOR TRAINING?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team