Effective DisciplineVital Learning
All available course dates
Disciplining your team members is a difficult but necessary process to help ensure that the goals and actions of your team members are aligned. Effective discipline has the potential to be a positive learning experience for both you and your team members if this aspect of employee performance management is carried out the right way.
Utilizing strong coaching skills is critical when disciplining your team members. Learning how to use effective discipline as a teaching opportunity and deliver constructive, negative feedback in a way that encourages team members to change without demeaning them is paramount to the success of your team.
The Vital Learning Effective Discipline course provides supervisors, team leaders and managers with the interpersonal performance training necessary to dramatically reduce employees’ problem behaviors. Involving team members in performance discussions and winning their commitment to behavioral change enables managers and team leaders to turn a potentially negative interaction into a positive developmental step.
- Open: Explain the performance problem and why it concerns you
- Clarify: Ask the team member why the performance problem is occurring
- Seek/Share: Ask the team member for ways to permanently solve the problem
- Agree: Explain the disciplinary actions the team leader must take
- Close: Set a follow up meeting to check on progress
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at supervisors, team leaders and managers.
The learning objectives for this Effective Discipline course include:
- Take disciplinary action when a performance issue or work habit issue remains unresolved after previous discussions
- Follow a progressive disciplinary path that is consistent with your organization’s policies
- Document and communicate the performance problem specifically, objectively and factually
- Respond with empathy to team member reactions to maintain team member self-esteem
- Ensure the team member takes ownership of the performance problem and takes responsibility for solving the problem
- Use the Effective Discipline Skill Points to plan and conduct a meeting with your team member
Course delivery details
Vital Learning's "Effective Discipline" course for managers is available in the following formats:
- A self-paced, 1-hour online course
- A 4-hour facilitated session.
- We can provide an experienced facilitator, or you can facilitate in-house
- "Blended Classroom"
- The 1-hour online course, followed up with an abbreviated in-person instructor led session
- "Blended VILT"
- The 1-hour online course, followed up with a 90-minute virtual instructor led session
The price of this course (in the "online" format) is $49 per person per course. To take all 12 courses in the Leadership Essential Series, the cost is $588.
About Vital Learning
Vital Learning - Classroom, online, and blended management training solutions
At Vital Learning, our core focus is practical management skills training. Not high-level concepts, general approaches or theories. We give managers the specific skills they need to make the greatest impact possible on the growth of your organization. Companies who...
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...
Corporate / Group Training