Developing Performance Goals & StandardsVital Learning
Developing Performance Goals & Standards
All available course dates
Developing Performance Goals & Standards
In an ideal world, every member of your team understands his or her role and responsibilities and performs those duties flawlessly. Your role as a team leader is to motivate your team members. It is essential to the success of your team that you not only develop performance goals with team members, but also acquire the employee performance management skills to hold them accountable.
Although building consensus around performance standards and responsibilities from your team members is difficult, developing performance goals and standards collaboratively ensures commitment. As a result, team members agree to the process and are dedicated to its success.
The Vital Learning Developing Performance Goals & Standards course helps supervisors, team leaders and managers develop the tools they need to successfully implement effective performance goals and standard processes within their teams. By focusing on logical processes and reasonable commitments, Developing Performance Goals & Standards enables managers and team leaders to outline clear work standards and encourage better job performance. Using the SMART – Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Results-oriented and Time-framed – approach with team members, managers and team leaders are able to demonstrate their commitment to an open and consistent performance improvement process and effectively motive team members.
- Open: Explain the importance of setting performance goals that align with the organization’s goals
- Clarify: Review the team member’s goals and ask the team member for ideas
- Seek/Share: Discuss what the performance standards should be for each of the goals
- Agree: Agree on performance standards that are S.M.A.R.T.-based
- Close: Express your confidence in the team member’s ability to achieve their performance goals and standards
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at supervisors, team leaders and managers.
The learning objectives for this Developing Performance Goals & Standards course include:
- Collaborate with the team member to create performance standards that align with the team’s goals and the organization’s strategic objectives
- Identify and set performance standards that are S.M.A.R.T. (specific, measurable, attainable, results-oriented and time-framed)
- Use concrete, active language in creating performance standards
- Monitor team members’ progress toward their goals by holding individual review meetings
- Use the Developing Performance Goals and Standards Skill Points to plan and conduct a meeting with your team member
Course delivery details
Vital Learning's "Developing Performance Goals & Standards" course for leaders is available in the following formats:
- A self-paced, 1-hour online course
- A 4-hour facilitated session.
- We can provide an experienced facilitator, or you can facilitate in-house
- "Blended Classroom"
- The 1-hour online course, followed up with an abbreviated in-person instructor led session
- "Blended VILT"
- The 1-hour online course, followed up with a 90-minute virtual instructor led session
The price of this course (for the "online" format) is $49 per person per course. To take all 12 courses in the Leadership Essential Series, the cost is $588.
About Vital Learning
Vital Learning - Classroom, online, and blended management training solutions
At Vital Learning, our core focus is practical management skills training. Not high-level concepts, general approaches or theories. We give managers the specific skills they need to make the greatest impact possible on the growth of your organization. Companies who...
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...
Corporate / Group Training