Trauma-Responsive Conflict/Crisis Management
Trauma-responsive conflict/crisis management (TRCM) is an approach to interacting with others that acknowledges the effects of psychological, emotional and physical trauma on people’s behavior and considers these effects in how interactions are handled. TRCM asks “What happened to you?” rather than “What is wrong with you.”
A history of trauma can lead to a vulnerability for re-traumatization — an action or situation that is a reminder of a traumatic event. Such a reminder can rapidly push a person from his or her baseline behavior state to a stress or even acute state of a crisis.
A “trauma-responsive” approach to interactions acknowledges this reality and emphasizes:
- The use of active intelligence gathering about an individual’s trauma history in order to minimize the possibility of re-traumatization.
- The need to avoid reminding the individual of a traumatic event
Trauma-Responsive Conflict/Crisis Management teaches Vistelar’s non-escalation, de-escalation, and crisis intervention methodologies with an emphasis on how to take a trauma-responsive approach to interacting with others in order to minimize the possibility of re-traumatization.
This course uses Vistelar’s emotionally safe performance-driven instruction that emphasizes scenario-based skills practice and audio-/video-recorded assessments to ensure students can perform learned skills — in a supportive classroom environment.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for details
- United States of America
Who should attend?
Individuals who may be exposed to person’s displaying at-risk behaviors, such as human resource professionals, police officers, security officers, behavioral health professionals, educators, and emergency department personnel.
- Engage in a way to not cause conflict or unnecessarily escalate situations (non-escalation)
- Confidently and professionally deal with questioning, anger, and verbal abuse
- Participate in difficult conversations and mediate positive outcomes
- Effectively de-escalate conflict and remain safe in crisis situations
- Persuade others to cooperate
- Know what to do and how to do it when resistance or aggression results in physical engagement
- End an interaction in a better place than where it started
- Look good on camera no matter where an interaction ends up
- If necessary, articulate a defense for taking appropriate action
Request information for price
Why choose Vistelar, LLC?
30+ years of experience in conflict management training
Hundreds of thousands throughout the world trained
Trusted by clients across 14 diverse market sectors
Contact this provider
Vistelar is a training and consulting institute focused on addressing the entire spectrum of human conflict — from before contact to how conflict is managed. We serve contact professionals who interact directly with the general public or an organization’s clients...