Safety Awareness, Proxemics, and Personal Protection
Surveys indicate that our society is experiencing an overall increase in aggression so knowing how to keep yourself safe is more important than ever.
In other words, employees who are at any risk of assault need to pay attention to their surroundings (situational awareness), be ready to take action if they sense a safety risk from emotional or physical violence, and — when such action is necessary, thoughtfully respond rather than impulsively react.
Vistelar calls this approach to staying safe, Be Alert & Decisive; Respond, Don’t React.
Safety Awareness, Proxemics, and Personal Protection teaches personal-safety tactics that have been proven on the street for over 30 years.
This course uses Vistelar’s emotionally safe performance-driven instruction that emphasizes scenario-based skills practice and audio-/video-recorded assessments to ensure students can perform learned skills — in a supportive classroom environment.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for details
- United States of America
Who should attend?
Employees within any organization where there is any risk of physical assault — or trainers of these employees
- 540 degree proxemic management (situational awareness)
- The importance of minimizing distractions so you can pay attention to your environment
- When to trust your intuition
- How to practice “when-then thinking” instead of “if-then thinking.”
- Gateway behaviors and the five critical threat indicators
- How to maintain a showtime mindset to project confidence and ensure all elements of your communication (words, paraverbal, and non-verbal's) are in alignment with the situation with which you are faced
- How to use your physical presence — distance, relative positioning, and hand placement — to stay safe
- The 10-5-2 rule
- Simple tactics to respond to a physical attack
Request information for price
Why choose Vistelar, LLC?
30+ years of experience in conflict management training
Hundreds of thousands throughout the world trained
Trusted by clients across 14 diverse market sectors
Contact this provider
Vistelar is a training and consulting institute focused on addressing the entire spectrum of human conflict — from before contact to how conflict is managed. We serve contact professionals who interact directly with the general public or an organization’s clients...