Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Microsoft Project 2016 and Scheduling Fundamentals
Learn the basic concepts of scheduling by developing project schedules manually, using scheduling best practices as defined by PMI, and learn how to use MS Project to develop and manage a project schedule and practice those techniques. Students in this three day class will receive guidance on working with team members, sponsors, and other stakeholders to effectively develop and use the project schedule. They also will receive information and resources for finding and troubleshooting problems with MS Project schedules.
This class teaches and conforms to PMI’s Best Practices in Scheduling and earns students 24 PDU’s or Contact Hours
A student will have successfully completed the course if he or she:
• Can use MS Project to develop a schedule that facilitates:
»» Using resources efficiently
»» Detecting and resolving schedule problems before they occur
»» Answering the key questions – where should be, and if we are not there what corrections should we make?
• Understands the best practices in scheduling as well as the concepts of critical path, float, and resource leveling
• Can use Microsoft Project to develop a schedule that meets best practices, based on the provided quality checklist
• Has a path forward for developing, maintaining, and using their own project schedules
• Can develop a project schedule that is maintainable in less than 4 hours of work in a typical project week
• Knows how to find additional help when needed
Who should attend?
Students should come prepared with the following:
• Basic knowledge and experience in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Computer with Microsoft Project 2016 Standard or Professional
Project Management Training & Certifications (PMP, CAPM, PMI-ACP, ITIL)
Velociteach is an award-winning project management training company founded by Andy Crowe, author of The PMP Exam: How to Pass on Your First Try, with the goal of empowering others to learn project management in a simple, dynamic way that...
Find out more about this Microsoft Project 2016 and Scheduling Fundamentals course by simply filling out your details:
No reviews available
LOOKING FOR TRAINING?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team