Leadership Institute Certificate, Big Data
Through the UTSA Executive Education Leadership Institute, participants develop and enhance core skills that are fundamental to organizational success. Our certificate programs provide professional development, practical experience and tools to help participants improve organizational effectiveness.
Consider that on average, over 249 billion emails are sent and over one billion online searches are completed every day. Each email or online search creates a piece of data, which is collected and contributes to what is referred to as big data. The magnitude of big data is hard to comprehend, and organizations lag in both understanding the implications of big data for their company, and knowing how to harness data to improve organizational performance.
Our Big Data track is built around nine core courses in leadership, strategy, and professional development. In addition to the core courses, three customized courses on big data are led by Wenbo Wu, Ph.D., a top instructor in this field.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- San Antonio
Who should attend?
This Leadership Institute Certificate is open to all aspiring leaders in the San Antonio area who want to:
- Develop a deeper understanding of foundational concepts
- Learn how to develop their leadership capacity
- Identify tools they can take back to their organizations to employ these concepts
Core Classes (Online)
- Leadership Series (3 classes)
- Strategy Series (3 classes)
- Professional Development Series (3 classes)
Capstone Classes (In-person)
- Understanding the Basics Data Analytics
- Business Analytics and Big Data
- Utilizing Big Data to Capture Value for Your Business
Course delivery details
- Method of Delivery: Hybrid (core classes are delivered online; capstone classes are in-person)
- Duration: 6 months, two Saturdays a month; core classes are three hours from 9 a.m. to noon; capstone classes are four hours from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- For-Profit: $3,499 – $6,499
- Not-for-Profit (based on the selected executive coaching experience): $2,999 – $5,999
Contact this provider
The University of Texas at San Antonio Carlos Alvarez College of Business: Executive Education
Executive Education at the University of Texas at San Antonio Join our collaborative learning community as part of an executive or corporate training program at The University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA). Housed in the Carlos Alvarez College of...