Women Board Directors Development Program
Boards are actively seeking qualified women to diversify their decision-making, provide a fresh perspective, and improve their business results. Learn why this is so and how you can take advantage of this opportunity. This seminar is designed for executive women looking to become more influential board members, move from non-profit to for-profit boards, or serve on the boards of bigger organizations. During this two-day seminar, you will build on the stories and experiences of corporate board members and develop your personal roadmap to find the right boards and serve effectively at the table.
- The Opportunity
- Effective Boards and Board Members
- Board Roles and Responsibilities
- Developing a Personal Board Strategy and Action Plan
- Focused Networking Techniques
- Effectively Joining New Boards
Certification / Credits
- Deepen knowledge of board roles and responsibilities, including financial reporting, corporate strategy, CEO performance and regulatory compliance
- Understand the best professional pathways to influential boards
- Develop a detailed personal action plan for securing the right board seat and advancing board service
- Learn proven techniques for becoming known to nominating committees
- Understand the board interview and onboarding process
- Hear from sitting board members how they found their best voice at the table
Average rating 5
I have gained insight into the pathways to the Boardroom, understanding of roles & responsibilities of Board members, Board bio and resume, and met incredible women and a new co...
This experience made a huge impact on me, it helped me see the bigger picture and get excited for this next phase of my career. I loved the opportunity to talk with all of these...
I now have an understanding of how boards work, where I can add value, and how to move into that phase of my career
Contact this provider
University of Washington Foster School of Business Executive Education
UW Executive Education programs will give you immediately applicable knowledge to enhance your career, whether you want to quickly upskill in a particular topic or to attain a more comprehensive business education. With programs from UW Executive Education, you will...