Growth vs. Fixed MindsetUniversity of Washington Foster School of Business Executive Education
Growth vs. Fixed Mindset
All available course dates
Growth vs. Fixed Mindset
Research on mindset suggests that there are two predominant views people have about their abilities. It turns out that those views have very different impacts on performance. This seminar examines what it means to have a fixed mindset vs. a growth mindset, explores how these mindsets come about and provides a framework for changing both our own mindset and the mindsets of others in our organization.
The focus of this seminar is on understanding the value of a growth mindset and learning how to cultivate it in ourselves and in our organizations. By harnessing the power of the growth mindset, we can transform both individual performance and large-scale organizational culture.
In this seminar, we will address:
- The psychology and neuroscience of mindset
- The difference between fixed and growth mindsets
- How our own mindset affects our learning, performance, and confidence
- Coaching strategies to promote a growth mindset in ourselves and our organizations
- Giving and receiving feedback, taking remedial action, and negotiating with a growth mindset
- The “triple rudders” of organizational culture, and how to deploy them to build growth mindset
- The role of humility in leadership
- Case studies in growth mindset leadership from successful companies
Certification / Credits
By the end of this seminar, you will be able to:
- Articulate the difference between growth and fixed mindsets, and why it matters
- Examine your own mindset and how it impacts your daily life and work
- Re-evaluate your attitude towards making mistakes
- Diagnose the prevailing mindset in your organization
- Utilize key strategies, tips, and tools to help promote a growth mindset in your organization.
About UW Executive Education
University of Washington Foster School of Business Executive Education
UW Executive Education programs will give you immediately applicable knowledge to enhance your career, whether you want to quickly upskill in a particular topic or to attain a more comprehensive business education. With programs from UW Executive Education, you will...
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...