Discovery ToolsUniversity of Virginia Darden
All available course dates
In order to invent, we need to first discover. In this course, you’ll learn about and practice five human-centered tools that help you learn how to discover opportunities that have always been there, but been overlooked. Great products and services depend on connecting with real humans, where it really counts. Join us in Discovery Tools to learn how to connect with those in your world.
Taught by practitioners for practitioners, this five-week course offers real-life examples to inspire your thinking and application of design principles. You'll also have access to Darden-trained mentors to help you every step of the way on your design thinking journey. Expect to focus 5-8 hours per week on coursework.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for managers who are ready to become design practitioners within their organizations. An independent but complementary training to Darden's popular Design Thinking courses, Discovery Tools benefits leaders who want to apply world-tested design principles to public or private sector development, including finance, engineering, technology and administration, as well as healthcare, education and social nonprofit causes.
- Fuel discovery sessions and connect with those you most want to serve in new, exciting and more powerful ways
- Experiment with a range of possibilities for uncovering customer, client or benefactor needs
- Amplify weak signals about unspoken desires to create truly novel insights that move your company or cause forward
Course delivery details
This program is conducted entirely online over the course of five weeks. Each week, participants should expect to spend approximately five to eight hours viewing instructional videos and completing field work, readings, assignments and peer evaluations. Course readings are provided within the course. No additional text required.
Certification / Credits
You'll walk away from Discovery Tools with:
- Five distinct human-centered tools for solving challenges at the core of your business or social cause
- Strategies to connect with your customers on a human level, to get beyond what they say and observe what they do to inspire deeper problem solving
- Research-based insight and hands-on best practices for implementing journey mapping, personas, framing, the job-to-be-done and ethnographic interviews right now in your organization
- The ability to generate products, services and experiences customers will truly love
About UVA Darden
Darden | Purpose-Driven Leadership
These uncertain and rapidly changing times call for leaders who are prepared to catalyze global business and social transformation. Through Darden's signature approach to teaching and learning, you will connect with your purpose, master business tools and concepts, and gain...
University of Virginia Darden
Before we redirect you to this school’s website, do you mind filling out this form so that we can stay in touch? You can unsubscribe at any time.
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...
Corporate / Group Training
Corporate / Group Training