Design Thinking for Innovative Business Problem SolvingUniversity of Virginia Darden
Design Thinking for Innovative Business Problem Solving
All available course dates
In Design Thinking for Innovative Business Problem Solving, you’ll bypass artistic abstraction and use design as a practical, everyday process to spur innovation and organic organizational growth.
- Learn how designers use big-idea thinking to make faster and smarter progress toward their goals-and how you can do it without strong intuition or a creative bent.
- Discover why traditional critical reasoning can actually increase the risk of innovation and cost of problem solving.
- Practice learning launches to make quick, meaningful decisions about moving new concepts forward.
- Reduce the new launch unknowns to a concrete list of challenges you can solve with existing resources.
- Generate new offerings and services based on the needs and suggestions of your customers/clients.
There are no prerequisites for participation. Advanced preparation includes case study readings. The selected case studies will be sent prior to the program for all participants to read and prepare for discussion on the first day of the course.
Who should attend?
This program is designed for leaders in both commercial and social sectors who want to bring their organizations to the forefront of innovation and be more successful at problem-solving. It’s especially helpful for those who need to lead teams and cross-functional units in problem-solving initiatives and next-level growth ideation.
- A 15-step process designed to solve one of your real-life challenges
- A disciplined approach to brainstorming and the 10 steps to follow to get new ideas off the whiteboard and into production
- Ways to resolve conflict during ideation and growth and adapt your design process when business conditions demand it
- Ways to road test the growth potential of new ideas so you can minimize the risks and maximize the rewards inherent in growth and change
- Stronger innovation skills and the ability to enhance them in others
- Four communication aids that translate design thinking into your organization’s established project management process
Certification / Credits
Design Thinking for Innovative Business Problem Solving counts as one credit toward a Darden Certificate in Management. Complete this program, then earn three additional credits for a total of four credits to earn your certificate.
About UVA Darden
Darden | Purpose-Driven Leadership
These uncertain and rapidly changing times call for leaders who are prepared to catalyze global business and social transformation. Through Darden's signature approach to teaching and learning, you will connect with your purpose, master business tools and concepts, and gain...
University of Virginia Darden
Before we redirect you to this school’s website, do you mind filling out this form so that we can stay in touch? You can unsubscribe at any time.
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...
Corporate / Group Training
Corporate / Group Training