Analyze fundamental performance management and control systems, including structured measurement models, analytical techniques and system biases. Establish a firm grounding in proven measurement techniques while also addressing cost-benefit issues. Employ better performance measurement systems, challenging ineffective or inefficient metrics, and create a culture of planning, execution and accountability.
- Identify the elements of an effective performance management and control system
- Evaluate the output of systems that report cost and profitability performance in a moderately complex operation
- Implement a system of strategic and operational control including belief, boundary, diagnostics and interactive controls
- Describe the operation of an effective master budgeting system
- Analyze and interpret budget-actual variances and assess responsibility for them
- Design a balanced scorecard performance management system for a business unit
Five main topics include in the course:
- Operational control
- Performance management systems
- Effective budgeting systems
- Analysis of variances
- Human dynamics of budgeting
Course delivery details
Two-Day Concentrated Program
Registration begins at 8:00 a.m. and class runs 8:30 – 4:30 both days with a one-hour lunch break.
Dates and Locations:-
- 12/06/21 - 12/07/21,
The Course will now be held in an Interactive Live Online format.
- 04/21/22 - 04/22/22,
Rowling Hall 300 W Martin Luther King Jr Blvd Austin, TX 78701, Room Comal
The fee is $2,950 (USD).
Certification / Credits
CEUs: Participants earn 1.4 CEUs and/or CPEs for this course. A certificate of completion will be presented from Texas Executive Education.
Course Credits: This class is available for 1.0 university credit.
Contact this provider
TEXAS McCombs | Driving positive change and Inspiring business leadership through the 21st century
Texas McCombs is a premier business school at a world-class public research university. We are a community that fosters lifelong engagement with our students and alumni. We cultivate principled leaders and develop ideas that will advance our economy, improve lives,...