Gain confidence in building reliable data analyses to make projections of business intelligence and performance. Utilize the fundamental analytical tool for discovering, analyzing and forecasting relationships—regression. Apply regression to past relationships, looking for trends, seasonal patterns and hidden correlations that can predict the future reliably. Model customer retention rates, develop an optimal bidding strategy in a sealed bid process, hedge your firm’s revenue, or forecast future profitability of individual customers, monthly sales, or daily stock prices by charting a successful course with regression and forecasting methods. Acquire a solid fundamental understanding of the methods, using intuitive graphical approaches to explain and motivate regression and forecasting models.
Who should attend?
- Those with a small to moderate working knowledge of statistics
- Those seeking a refresher of the tools and models in practical application
- Apply regression to uncover trends, patterns and data correlations
- Gain confidence when using data to make analyses, forecasts and projections
- Develop the acumen to competently evaluate the findings and analyses presented by others
- Interact with data executives on the topic of data-driven business intelligence
- Analyze case studies to gain a thorough consideration of the model's applications
Course delivery details
This two-day concentrated course is usually held at McCombs School of Business campuses. However, spring 2021 classes will be held “live” online and include interactive discussions and activities.
The registration begins at 8:00 a.m. and class runs 8:30 – 4:30 both days with a one-hour lunch break.
Texas Executive Education classes qualify for discounted hotel room rates at the AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center on a limited basis. Discount code will be provided on the course materials page after class registration is complete.
The fee is $2,950 (USD).
Certification / Credits
CEUs: Participants earn 1.4 CEUs and/or 14 CPEs for this course. A certificate of completion will be presented from Texas Executive Education.
Course Credits: This class is available for university credit and the number of credits is 1.0
TEXAS McCombs | Driving positive change and Inspiring business leadership through the 21st century
Texas McCombs is a premier business school at a world-class public research university. We are a community that fosters lifelong engagement with our students and alumni. We cultivate principled leaders and develop ideas that will advance our economy, improve lives,...