Acquire the expertise to gain support for your ideas with ease. Analyze how your political intelligence and persuasion acumen affect your success in convincing others to see your vision and support your ideas. Return home from this program knowing how to effectively construct and deliver your message, position and differentiate your ideas, generate loyalty and commitment, and overcome resistance to be more persuasive.
Who should attend?
It’s no secret that a strong leader can make or break an organization. Become a more influential leader by effectively advocating for your ideas and vision.
- Executives and high-level managers in leadership roles
- Professionals responsible for affecting change and driving new initiatives
- High-potential individuals who will assume greater responsibility within their organization
Equip yourself with the strategies and the management savvy to foster highly effective communication and collaboration.
- Present ideas with impact and impetus
- Develop and implement an internal branding strategy that will build your credibility
- Construct and deliver persuasive messages that work in any context
- Understand how to build and expand your own personal power organization
- Improve communication channels which leverage employee knowledge at every level
- Decipher how to frame issues to make people want to adopt your ideas
- Flipping the equation: Learn how to say "no" when people are trying to influence you
- Understand the role of power in leading others
- Do you have the performance pitch? Do you think it's only necessary for those running startup companies? Regardless of our background and profession, we all have to "pitch" our ideas. Whatever the reason to pitch, we can learn from the ways startups approach pitching. 3 Day Startup (3DS) will present a session at Capital Factory, located in Austin's downtown innovation zone. You will discover how the startup approach to pitching can be useful in corporate and other contexts. Drawing on the ideas presented, you will then create, deliver, and receive feedback on your pitch.
- To enhance program learning participants will receive a copy of “Advocacy: Championing Ideas and Influencing Others,” Dr John Daly, Liddell Professor of Communication, TCB Professor of Management, and University Distinguished Teaching Professor at The University of Texas at Austin.
Course delivery details
Five-Day Immersive Program
Registration begins at noon on Monday and class begins at 1:00. Class will conclude on Friday at noon. Evening activities and dinner will be included on select evenings and networking lunches will be included Tuesday through Friday.
Date and Location:-
- 09/27/21 - 10/01/21, Rowling Hall 300 W Martin Luther King Jr Blvd Austin, TX 78701, Room Brazos
- 01/24/22 - 01/28/22, Rowling Hall 300 W Martin Luther King Jr Blvd Austin, TX 78701, Room Comal
The fee is $6,600 (USD).
Certification / Credits
CEUs: Participants earn 2.8 CEUs and/or 28 CPEs for this course. A certificate of completion will be presented from Texas Executive Education.
Course Credits: This class is available for 2.0 university credit.
Contact this provider
TEXAS McCombs | Driving positive change and Inspiring business leadership through the 21st century
Texas McCombs is a premier business school at a world-class public research university. We are a community that fosters lifelong engagement with our students and alumni. We cultivate principled leaders and develop ideas that will advance our economy, improve lives,...