Ideas that require firm resources also require evidence that benefits outweigh the costs. Learn and apply best practices for making a business case for projects and strategies.
What You Will Learn:
This workshop will utilize real-world cases to provide you with the opportunity to apply key communication strategies to move your ideas forward. This is an opportunity to develop your ability to interact with internal and external audiences with a focus on financial implications of strategic decisions.
- Understand “CFO speak” including terminology and financial performance metrics related to: profitability, growth, impact of project financing, risk, cost and benefits, and creating shareholder or owner value
- Convert functional area jargon into the language of finance
- The role of financial projections in decision making
- Using your business case to influence others
- Identifying drivers of success and risk
- Financial models that support the business case
- Conducting sensitivity analysis and what-if analysis
- Demonstrating alignment of strategic and financial goals
- Anticipating and dealing with pushback
- Presenting key decision points in a concise manner
Who Should Attend:
Managers of all backgrounds who seek improved skills to articulate financial goals and describe performance to non-financial audiences. Managers with a non-finance background who want to learn finance jargon and “CFO speak.”
University of Missouri - Kansas City | Changing the world starts here.
We are the largest comprehensive, fully accredited university in the Kansas City area. Our faculty are leaders in their fields — and they're within reach. Our 14:1 student-to-faculty ratio means professors know their students' names and take mentorship seriously. Our students...
Contact this provider
Univeristy of Missouri - Kansas City
Before we redirect you to this school’s website, do you mind filling out this form so that we can stay in touch? You can unsubscribe at any time.
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...
Corporate / Group Training