The Medical Interpreter training course prepares you to work in hospitals, medical offices and in any healthcare environment where a Spanish interpreter is needed. In addition, the Medical Interpreter training course prepares you to sit in any of the Medical Interpreting examinations available in the country. This course is language specific – Spanish/English.
You will acquire the three interpreting skills – simultaneous, consecutive and sight translation. You will learn the proper transfer of medical terminology into Spanish, divided into the different areas in a hospital and medical specialties. Intensive online interpreting laboratory practices are included in this training course.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
You must speak English and Spanish fluently. There is no requirement regarding formal education in either Spanish or English. However, you must be able to speak English and Spanish without any hesitations.
You should be familiar with using a personal computer, mouse, and keyboard. You should be comfortable in a Windows or Mac environment, and have the ability to launch and close activities.
- Develop best practice interpreting techniques – simultaneous, consecutive and sight translation
- Learn medical terminology in both Spanish and English and the corresponding transfer into the opposite language
- Understand protocol when interpreting for a Spanish-speaking patient
- Master the code of ethics of the medical interpreter
- Study the necessary material to sit in any Spanish Medical Interpreter examination
- Develop professionalism, accuracy, and a mastery of cross-cultural differences
Course delivery details
This course is self-paced and open enrollment, so you can start when you want and finish at your own pace. When you register, you'll receive nine (9) months to complete the course.
This course costs $2,395
Certification / Credits
This course prepares you for any Medical Interpreter certification exam as a Spanish Medical Interpreter
Contact this provider
UNF's Division of Continuing Education | Unparalleled Education and Training Programs
The UNF Division of Continuing Education knows how to bring out the best in every student, whether you are looking for career advancement, seeking an industry certification, changing careers, preparing for graduate school or just taking courses for the pure...