Website Performance Optimization: e-learning program from Udacity: Free
A hands-on learning solution
Using PageSpeed Insights and Google's Timeline view in Chrome's Developer Tools participants will learn approaches for finding the data needed to achieve the immediate performance boost they are looking for.
Upcoming start dates
Free E-Learning: Start Anytime!
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
This Website Performance Optimization course is intended for anyone looking to boost the overall speed and performance of their website.
Find out if this course is right for you - request more information here!
This How to Build a Startup takes learners through:
Optimize a provided website with a number of optimization- and performance-related issues so that it achieves a target PageSpeed score and runs at 60 frames per second.
Lesson 1 Critical Rendering Path
- HTML is converted to the Document Object Model (DOM).
- CSS is converted to the CSS Object Model (CSSOM).
- the browser runs layout to determine the position and size of elements before painting pixels on the screen.
- Throughout the lesson, you’ll learn how to take advantage of the Timeline view in Chrome Developer Tools to measure each and every step’s performance on mobile and desktop.
- building quick and dirty diagrams of the Critical Rendering Path.
- identifying three key metrics to triangulate potential performance bottlenecks.
This Website Performance Optimization is Free of charge.
Estimated time for completion assuming 6 hours per week: Approx. 1 week